Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Always getting close data instead of high or low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always getting close data instead of high or low

I am trying to plot the lows and highs of a data series in my strategy. This plot is set to 1sec of the ES futures while my chart is set to 60min.
    Code:
                StrategyPlot(1).Value.Set(Lows[1][0]);
                StrategyPlot(2).Value.Set(Highs[1][0]);
    This seems to fail because the plot now shows the highs and lows on a second basis.

BTW, if I do this...

Code:
                StrategyPlot(1).Value.Set(Low[0]);
                StrategyPlot(2).Value.Set(High[0]);
    ... it works. I think the reason for that is that the chart data is primed for 60min of ES data while the strategy plot is set to one second. The reason I'm doing this is because otherwise I am unable to align both plots due to the previous issue I reported.

How would I plot the highs and lows of the ES on an hourly basis but have it update on a tick or second basis? This is something I was able to do in thinkscript very easily and I'm surprised this is turning into such a time sink on such a more advanced platform. I think it might be possible to use a MIN(3600) and and MAX(3600) and maybe do something more creative for the current candle. But this seems like it would be a bit of a hack....

At this point I'm getting very discouraged about using NT. These are simple things I was able to make happen in thinkscript in a matter of minutes. The input I have been getting thus far has been rather minimal and I am not sure if I can recommend NT to my group.

Thanks!

Michael
    Last edited by molecool; 01-25-2009, 02:05 PM.

Michael,

If you want plots to update on every tick you should consider just using CalculateOnBarClose = false.

As discussed in your prior thread, StrategyPlot comes with its limitations. NT7 will provide multi-series charting.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, that's what I did already and I got it to work by using the MIN and MAX approach. However, there are data discrepancies between what I see on the top chart and on the bottom plot. The lows/highs are incorrect about 30% of the time - very strange.

Comment

Michael,

Unfortunately I have nothing else I can assist you with for this matter. NT7 will provide multi-series charting. Please try again then. Thank you.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alright, I let it go...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tin34, Today, 03:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Tin34
          by Tin34