Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

1 Startegy- Multiple symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Startegy- Multiple symbols

What is the best way to have 1 strategy run against multiple symbols? I'm talking about 30 or so stock symbols at the same time. The strategy is a swing trading strategy so it will be running across several days.

Market Analyzer is out because one can not attach a strategy in Market Analyzer. Attaching a strategy to a chart would result in having 30 charts open. That would be a resource hog. The problem I see with the Strategy tab is that at the start of every trading day I would have to start/restart 30 strategies because the strategies are stopped when you disconnect the the Connection at the end of the day. Does not seem to be way of starting a strategy(s) via program code.

There is no other way. Either run it on 30 charts, or add it to the Strategies tab 30 times.

Only alternative is for you to program a multi-instrument strategy that uses 30 instruments and just loop through the BarsInProgress with the same logic. Signal tracking will for sure be more complicated and you will have to be mindful of this as well as with EntriesPerDirection and the likes.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Vulgoth_t_Destroyer, 05-09-2022, 04:45 PM
    55 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post BartMan
    by BartMan

Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
    16 responses