Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question

I want to develop an automated strategy that will get me into the market, but I can manually exit my position.

Is this something that's easily doable... something as simple as just develop the strategy and then exit positions on my own via SuperDom or the Charts?

Or is it going to throw my positions/orders off?
    Last edited by BigDog008; 01-20-2009, 02:12 PM.

You can create automated entries and have the exits managed by an ATM strategy. Please see the reference sample preinstalled with your NinjaTrader called SampleAtmStrategy.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hrmm, wondering if you can put a bit more clarity... I went through the code, still a bit foggy...

essentially I built a strategy using the Ninja Script Strategy Wizard... FWIW, its a fully automated strategy which lets me enter/exit long/short positions...

I simply want to use the exact same strategy to enter the position, and would like to manually exit the position...

when I tried doing this on the SIM101 account to test, it does not seem to update the position in strategy tab on the Control Center...

Comment

BigDog008,

You cannot do the functionality you are looking for from the Strategy Wizard. It will require programming to achieve what you want. If you are not a programmer you may want to try one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by royhagerman, Today, 04:30 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post royhagerman  
        Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
        18 responses