Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT quirks

Does anyone else experience these quirks/problems?

1. importing custom assembly:

Problem: you are running an indicator/strategy from the old assembly; you do a RemoveAssembly while connected to a live feed; on ImportNinjaScript you get an error saying "...import not successful......duplicate method names...". The reason for the error I assume is because the RemoveAssembly did not work completely. When disconnected and not running any charts there is no problem

Solution: you need to completely re-install NT...including removing MyDocuments/ NT....

Suggestion: NT might give an alert that you can not do RemoveAssembly while connected to a feed and/or running any chart?? (much like you get an alert that you can Import if an editor is open)

2. editor jams:

Problem: you are editing an ind/strat using NT editor and mis-hit between two keys on the keyboard. The editor now, on certain keys, types unrelated letters...in some cases an "e" with an accent like French.

Solution: restart NT

3. NT crash on changing from MarketReplay to live feed:

Problem: you are running your strat in MR pre-mkt and want to switch to live trading. You disconnect from MT and connect to Zenfire and NT crashes automatically or throws an exception saying you need to close it (or in the very best case just keeps the charts on the MR date instead of the live feed date). This happens consistently to me.

Solution: I have a workspace named "live" and one named "replay". For MR I open "replay" and connect to MR. To switch to live, I disconnect from MR, close "replay", connect to Zenfire and open "live". This never has a problem

4. computer freeze on window resizing:

Problem: you are running NT and want to resize an editor window or a chart and your computer freezes ...i.e. all functions freeze so far except WindowsMediaPlayer(music)

Solution: cold boot the computer

1. Do you have files and exact steps I can use to test on my end?

2. Hmm. Never happened to me before.

3. Do you have files and exact steps I can use?

4. Hmm. Never happens for me.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

2. Do you have "inline syntax checking" enabled?

I turned mine off because it occasionally locked me up (and I hate the error checking that pops up if I don't type fast enough).
      mrlogik
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

2. I do have it enabled and I have not been locked up before. Hmm.

Comment

It was random; I attribute that to the fact that my system is a development system and I have plenty other software development platforms (VS 2008, etc) installed on my comp.

not a NT prob.
          mrlogik
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

I have "inline syntax checking" disabled also. It was more of a pain that it was worth I found. Often caused problems.

I like it disabled as you get a small red line/flag and then an error after you compile if there is one.

I agree with you that if you do not type fast enough it jams.

My problem as stated stems from mis-hits on the keyboard ...ie. hitting finger between two keys. This is a consistent pain in the butt.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not know what to say. It never happens for me. Its just a text editor after all. Perhaps it has something to do with how your computer has keyboard languages set?

Comment

Josh

1. should occur with any assembly...such as SampleMACrossover if made into and assembly and then Remove is used while connected to a feed and a chart is running SampleMACrossover

for steps:

a. import assembly
                b. run cs in chart while connected to live feed
                c. Remove Ninjascript Assembly
                d. import assembly again...and it should say that there are duplicate method name (because the remove did not work because the cs was in use)

I do not believe that it is file dependent

Comment

Hmm. Followed those exact steps with a strategy I had generated from the Strategy Wizard and did not encounter a problem.

Comment

further to Quirk 3 in original post, something new that is related and really annoying is my replay workspace does not change the date in both charts when I disconnect/connect to a new date

for instance, I am replaying YM jan 2 in a 1min and a 30 sec chart....I diconnect and connect to jan 9....only the 1min chart changes date...the 30sec chart still shows jan2 in the title bar and the bars for jan2....it has ChartTrader running and accurately shows the trades (entries, stop and targets at correct prices) being made in the 1min chart running my cs, however the PnL is based on the jan2 chart (off by 1000s)

this happens consistently even though I delete the 30 sec chart and open a new one and save the workspace.

so now, not only can I not change from replay to live feed without a crash, I can not change from one date to another in replay....really annoying

will delete the workspace and see if that resolves problem

edit = deleted all workspaces...replayed 2 jan...changed to 9 jan...same problem...very annoying....need to create a new 30 sec chart every time I change a date
                    Last edited by ATI user; 01-24-2009, 07:30 AM.

Comment

If you have a reproducible scenario, we would like steps and the workspace files, replay files, etc. to reproduce. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                        If you have a reproducible scenario, we would like steps and the workspace files, replay files, etc. to reproduce. Thank you.
                        likely not....looks like it only happens when I try to change from 2 jan data to another day....so must be my data for 2 jan causing the problem?...is that possible?

let me know if you would like my data for 2 jan

Comment

Not sure why Jan 2 would be any different than another dates. Perhaps something has gone awry during the Jan 2 recording. If you find another one then we can dive in and see what could have happened between those two recordings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by esmall, Today, 07:14 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post esmall
                          by esmall

Started by Option Whisperer, 05-09-2024, 07:58 PM
                          6 responses