Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error while running my Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error while running my Strategy

Hi,

When I run my strategy on the SIM account everything works great, I take profit or get stopped out. However, when I run it on the real account, I'm getting this error when it hits my stop loss. Not only that, it will immediately open another other in the opposite direction. Is this something that has to do with the Strategy, the platform, or with my broker (Apex)? Again, when I run it on the SIM account, I have no problems at all.

Thanks, Click image for larger version

Name:	ApexError.png
Views:	68
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1261636

Hello cajina,

Thank you for your post.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

This message is coming from your broker. This typically comes up if the strategy attempts to cancel an order that has already been filled, and if a position is unintentionally opened in the opposite direction that is considered to be an in-flight execution which is one of the risks of electronic trading with NinjaTrader:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_wi.htm#InFl ightExecutions

I suggest getting the order ID for the order in question and checking with your broker to see what information they have to offer regarding the chain of events leading up to the error. If you'd like our support team to review your diagnostic information, you could send us a message for an order submission inquiry and we could take a look at what happened as well. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these diagnostic files with your message. Please be sure to include a brief description of your inquiry in the body of the email.

Is this a strategy that you wrote or was it imported from a third party? If you have questions about your strategy and it's from a third party, please reach out to the developer for assistance. If this is a strategy you wrote, please let us know what questions you have about how you expect your strategy to behave vs. how it is actually behaving and we would be glad to further assist.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses