Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy position VS account position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy position VS account position

I have read the help topic of "Strategy position Vs. Account Position".

I am right now using only the NT simulated account in the NT. I have not used placing real orders to my IB account through NT or used the NT super DOM. So the only orders I see in teh Control center Orders screen are those genearted by a strategy running on a chart. In the help guide the concept of syching the two positions, I did not quite get that concept.

At this time I do not have a real account keyed into NT. So the positions in teh Control center are only those generated by the chart strategy. The strategy I run produces buy, then reverses it (by closing long and opening short) and at the end of session it closes all open positions. Still after that the Control center always shows several open positions (even after exit on close). I don't quite understand why.

If this was a real money account, it would be really very confusing. Also, If i was doing autotrading through NT, having bunch of open positions at the end of day when I think it should be all flat would be a disater. I have already run this thing for almost two weeks, same thing every day. I don't understand this. I have seen other people complaining of same thing here.

Please explain what is going on and how this would not cause a problem in a real autotraded account? Thanks.

Hi ju1234,

You are most likely in this scenario because of your 'On starting a real time strategy setting'.

Please go to Tools > Options > Strategies > NinjaScript and change this to 'Wait until flat before executing live'.

Then when you come into the day and your strategy is currently in a open trade, it will wait until this trade is closed and then start trading.

If you have a flat account position, this is then the best setup to avoid unneccessary synchronization issues.

Please also review the second part of this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by esmall, Today, 07:14 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post esmall
    by esmall

Started by Option Whisperer, 05-09-2024, 07:58 PM
    6 responses