Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy won't compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy won't compile

I am trying to create a very simple strategy using TSsupertrend indicator, but when I click "finish" in strategy builder, I get error saying that it can't compile. It opens editor and the errors at the bottom all say that TSsupertrend is a method and not appropriate for this action. Why? It's an indicator same as any other indicator, as far as I know. I have not had any problems using other indicators in strategy builder. Thanks.

Hello mattstraw69,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide a screenshot of the full error message when you compile in the NinjaScript Editor.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	45
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	1235257​Her you go. Please let me know if this is all you need.

Comment

Hello mattstraw69,

Thank you for that information.

Please reach out to the vendor/developer of TSSuperTrend to report this error you are receiving. The error appears to be related to a namespace path; it could be related to the namespace path for a custom class in the TSSuperTrend script, or it could be that the indicator class has a class or enum inside of it that is being used as a parameter to the indicator method. This would mean that the fully qualified namespace would need to be used in the indicator method or a using statement might need to be added. Ultimately, this all comes down to the source code for TSSuperTrend which is why the vendor/developer needs to be involved to help identify and resolve the error.

We have a demonstration of declaring enums outside of the indicator class and using the fully qualified namespace path in the indicator property. This is best demonstrated in the NinjaTrader 8 reference sample, as the NinjaTrader 7 version doesn't properly implement a custom namespace:
        NinjaTrader 8 - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm
        NinjaTrader 7 - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

Thank you for your time. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post techgetgame  
        Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes