Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator added to strategy not plotting properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator added to strategy not plotting properly

I continue to be frustrated with adding indicators to my strategy.....they do not plot the same values as just adding the same indicator with the same settings to the chart directly.

For example, the chart on the right just has the indicator with a 4 setting and a 6 setting

The chart on the left has the same plus my cs which adds the same indicator with the same setting. Note from the parameter settings there is a magenta 6 indicator (added manually) that does not show up because it is being overplotted by the strategy added blue 6 indicator...which is expected.

However, the other orange 4 manually added indicator is not being overplotted by the strategy added lime 4 indicator....this is wrong.

All settings for the parameters are the same...all CalculateOnBarClose=true....so is my cs.

Why would one be correct and one be wrong? Both should be wrong or both right.

This process has been driving me nuts for weeks now. Please clarify. Thanks

code:

Add(ADXVMA(ScalpFast));
    Add(ADXVMA(ScalpSlow));
    ADXVMA(ScalpFast).Plots[0].Pen.Color = Color.Lime;
    ADXVMA(ScalpSlow).Plots[0].Pen.Color = Color.Blue;
    Attached Files

ATI user,

This is the bug we have already communicated about before. Please remove ALL CalculateOnBarClose settings from your indicators. Do not set them from any indicator.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the indicator does not have CalculateOnBarClose line....it just default to true per the Parameter settings

Comment

Post simple as possible scripts that highlight the issue please. I recall we resolved this once before for you. Thanks.

Comment

I resolved it once with PSAR (that was my first post)...then could not resolve with another indicator and just got fed up and left it

my mistake...when copying indicator code I did find the line and deleted...works fine now...sorry

will go back and check in other indicators that were not working also

thanks.

when you say 'bug', is this something that will be resolved as of NT7?

Comment

Indeed this is something on our list to fix.

Comment

ok...removing 'CalculateOnBarClose...' from PSAR and ADXVMA works fine...without having to add if(FirstTickOfBar)...code.

however, FantailVMA1 and FantailVMA3 still does not work ...with or without if(FirstTickOfBar)...code. These are the ones that have given me the most problem.

I see per this post Josh that you are familiar with them. Any ideas of getting them to work when adding to a strategy? Thanks.

Comment

ok...removing 'CalculateOnBarClose...' from PSAR and ADXVMA works fine...without having to add if(FirstTickOfBar)...code.

however, FantailVMA1 and FantailVMA3 still does not work ...with or without if(FirstTickOfBar)...code. These are the ones that have given me the most problem.

I see per this post Josh that you are familiar with them. Any ideas on getting them to work when adding to a strategy? Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately I never dived deep into FantailVMA indicators and have no idea. You may need to break it down piece by piece to resolve it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bltdavid  
                  Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view