Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OPO (Order Places Order) at CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPO (Order Places Order) at CQG

Hi,
    NT is supporting connections to CQG but from what I know and read there is no way special types orders like OPO(Order places order) to be placed/submitted
    Just to not the OPO orders are similar to the bracket orders of IB

I want to ask is there any way this kind of orders (OPO) order to be placed at CQG by using the NT8 platform.

If the answer is no - What is the custom solution?
    I will have to create a custom connection or CQG to NT bridge using and creating custom external dll data feed?

Thank you in advance
    Best wishes

Hello vlaladim,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be a way to place OPO orders specifically, however, you could mimic something like this using a NinjaScript strategy or addon to submit orders. NinjaTrader does not support atomic order operations, however, it would be possible to create a script that would send another order if conditions were met after another order is placed.

It would not be supported to connect to a live account at the same time the External data feed is in use, so that would not work. Creating your own custom connection adapter is reserved for qualified vendors in a business relationship.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate, and thank you for the response
      I am a developer myself and can create my own custom external connection using your dll interface (it might be tricky but am sure that will be able to implement it)
      The only question here is - if I use your NinjaTrader Brokerage service is it possible they/you to provide me a document with the NinjaTrader Brokerage API specifications, and based on it me to create a custom bridge that stays in the middle between NT and NT Brokerage?
      From what I know and have heard NT Brokerage supports OPO/Bracket orders, but how can I get the document of the API

Best wishes,
      V.

Comment

Hello vlaladim,

Thank you for your reply.

The DLL Interface does not allow for external order submissions, it just provides data and order submissions to the platform. Interfacing with with a broker requires express consent as is stated in our Terms of Service, which is typically only provided for market data providers.

NinjaTrader Brokerage does not support order places order orders. OCO orders (one cancels other) are supported. OCO orders are generally referred to as bracket orders and this is possible in the platform. Are you perhaps referring to this instead?

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post emuns
        by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses