Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy doesn't work with stops and p targets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy doesn't work with stops and p targets.

My strategy seems to generate fine now and I can backtest it, but when I try to add stops and or profit targets it won't work. When I pull up a backtest menu and select my strategy the strategy window is blank. I'm sure it's the way I'm entering the stops and profit targets. What does "from entry signal" and "value" mean?

Hi Melcotran,

Thanks for your post.

In the 'From Entry Signal' field you want to enter the signal name you attached to your Entry Signal.

In the 'value' field you want to enter the actual Profit Target / Stop Loss value associated with the 'mode' setting, either the price, a currency value or the tick amount.

Please review those two links below, they describe the SetProfitTarget() and SetStopLoss() methods -

Originally posted by Melcotran View Post
    My strategy seems to generate fine now and I can backtest it, but when I try to add stops and or profit targets it won't work. When I pull up a backtest menu and select my strategy the strategy window is blank. I'm sure it's the way I'm entering the stops and profit targets. What does "from entry signal" and "value" mean?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How would I enter multiple targets for a single position? For example: short 6 TF, with first profit target at 5 ticks for 2 contracts, 10 ticks for another 2,and 20 ticks for the last 2.

Comment

Hi Melcotran,

You would have to use different entry order for every target you have. Then you can exit a specific quantity with a unique order name from the full position.

Please review this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3271

Any of those orders provides you with a quantity as well as signal name input, so you can code custom scaling strategies.

Originally posted by Melcotran View Post
        How would I enter multiple targets for a single position? For example: short 6 TF, with first profit target at 5 ticks for 2 contracts, 10 ticks for another 2,and 20 ticks for the last 2.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Human#102, Yesterday, 09:54 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Human#102  
        Started by Patlpp, 08-16-2021, 03:10 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes