Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

More Than 3 Targets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Than 3 Targets?

If you want more than the 3 targets in the ATM am I correct to say the only way to accomplish this is to not use an ATM strategy. After a position is taken with multiple contracts manually place stop(s) & multiple targets? Example: your trading 20 contracts & want 10 targets scattered along the price ladder. I don't like this because the market can run against you quickly before you have time to get protective stops in place. I tried placing an order with the ATM using stops & no targets & manually placing targets but it will only let you place one target. Any ideas?

Figured It Out

Under DOM properties use scale quanitity.

Comment

Originally posted by kenser View Post
      If you want more than the 3 targets in the ATM am I correct to say the only way to accomplish this is to not use an ATM strategy. After a position is taken with multiple contracts manually place stop(s) & multiple targets? Example: your trading 20 contracts & want 10 targets scattered along the price ladder. I don't like this because the market can run against you quickly before you have time to get protective stops in place. I tried placing an order with the ATM using stops & no targets & manually placing targets but it will only let you place one target. Any ideas?
      Hello Kenser,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately the ATM Strategies are limited to only 3 targets. If you want more automated stops, you will have to use custom NinjaScript strategy.

You can always place sell stops manually, but you must make sure you select the correct amount of contracts/shares for each order.
      Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bee1943, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by FAQtrader, 04-25-2024, 12:00 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes