Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Wizard

I'm new here and trying to build a test Strategy with the Wizard. In the backtest, my defined entries seem to be working, but the defined profit exits do not and I'm only getting stopped out on lows in the YM. Looking at the backtest chart, it appears that the market traces well in excess of my defined profit target without the preset profit target being triggered

I have only 2 parameters set for exits,

First Parameter:

Profit target 18 ticks

Second parameter

Stop loss from entry 12 ticks

Working with free NT on functioning Interactive Brokers Sim account

all thoughts welcome

Tony

Hello,

Make sure your "Signal name" field for your entry, which is in the actions section of the Wizard, matches the "From entry signal" field in the Stops and targets section of the Wizard.

The signal names have to match exactly or the stops and targets will not be applied to the correct entry.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

More Advice Please

Question 1 - I would like more clarification on your reply:
      "Make sure your "Signal name" field for your entry, which is in the actions section of the Wizard, matches the "From entry signal" field in the Stops and targets section of the Wizard.

The signal names have to match exactly or the stops and targets will not be applied to the correct entry."

In the Stops and targets section of the Wizard - should I enter "Set 1", and then again " Set 2" in the "From Entry Signal" for long and short postions, or am I missing something. When I did this, the script continued to ignore my stops when tested.

Question 2, Is the code writing in Ninga Trader similar to Tradestation?

thanks,

Tony

Comment

Hello,

If you have "my_signal" as your signal tag for the entry, you will need to have "my_signal" as the From entry signal so that the stops and targets know which order to manage. A profit target and stop loss must be associated with an order, the signal names do this. They tie the entry to the stop losses and profit targets.

NinjaScript is very different that TS Easy Language.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

More clarification requested on setting stops in Wizard

thanks for your previous replies Ben,

Still not sure exactly where to look. Is the signal tag for entry in the Conditions and actions window under "Do the following"

When I try to copy and paste the from the conditions and actions window
          " EnterLong{DefaultQuantity, "") "
          it translates to a long coded sentence. Is that right?

Comment

tonyb123,

Not sure what step you are at now.

Please see this Help Guide article on how to do this: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...gyViaTheWizard

Notice the second to last picture. There is a field where you can type in a signal name. Type in something there. Then when you go on to the Stops & Targets page and when you add a Stop Loss you need to match the fromEntrySignal field to the signal name you just typed earlier.

The Stops and Target page is not on the Conditions & Actions page so it has nothing to do with Set 1 or Set 2. Please just press Next.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Zeezee, Today, 12:45 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Zeezee
            by Zeezee

Started by swjake, Today, 12:04 PM