Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is a good Volume Trigger for RTV (Russell) Simulated Stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good Volume Trigger for RTV (Russell) Simulated Stop?

I have been using N.T. ATM Strategy feature in my Chart Trader for many years and recently I added using a Stop Strategy that includes a Simulated Stop and a Volume Trigger, to prevent unwanted exits from a trade due to a rogue order. I am looking for ideas on what Volume Trigger is most effective for particular futures, currently I am having most success with RTV (Russell) minis. Thank you!

We could not provide you with any recommended volume trigger setting, however, I encourage other forum users to provide their insight.

Here is a link with more information about the ATM volume trigger:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...top_orders.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
      I have been using N.T. ATM Strategy feature in my Chart Trader for many years and recently I added using a Stop Strategy that includes a Simulated Stop and a Volume Trigger, to prevent unwanted exits from a trade due to a rogue order. I am looking for ideas on what Volume Trigger is most effective for particular futures, currently I am having most success with RTV (Russell) minis. Thank you!
      Difficult question to answer, especially when you give no reference to what timeframe, tick, or volume per bar you're looking at.

Having said that, you could calculate the average volume per bar of whatever (timeframe, tick, volume) setting you are using and then extrapolate a percentage of the average you've calculated.

In the attached example on a 750 Tick chart of RTY 09-19 you can see the 10 bar average volume is 1,009.8 and the Delta spikes are roughly > +200 or > -200, so a calculation based on 10% of Delta could be 20, whereas a calculation based on 10% of Average Volume could be 100

Another way to look at it might be to review volume at the extremes of a Volumetric Bar (Volume Ladder or Footprint chart) and make your choice based on what you think the size of a "Rogue order" might be.

In the end the number you arrive at is discretionary in nature, so you'll have to make your own decision.

Trade well,
      TGN

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM