Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make NT automatically shift charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make NT automatically shift charts?

It seems NT just simply adds new bars to the right of the last bar. So on some intraday charts such as 1min charts, if I leave the chart running for a while, most of new bars which are created after NT is started would be invisible (out of chart viewable area) unless I scroll the chart to "bring them back". How can I fix this issue? I set the chart right margin to 150 pixels.

- Clearpicks

Hello,

I am not sure I understand you. Maybe this will help though:

-To see more bars on the chart left click below the horizontal axis and drag to the right.

-After moving to a different part of the char you can jump back to the right side of the chart by clicking the arrow that appears in the top right.

Maybe this link will help:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I figured out in which case it happens. When the current bar is to the left of the right most edge (in such case a hollow "Out of range" icon would appear at the right top corner of the chart), any new bar would be added to the right and eventually new bars would become invisible when the last bar reaches the right edge of the chart. However if I click that "out of range" icon so that the current bar is positioned at the right place, any new bar created would cause the chart being shift one bar to the left so that the last (current) bar on chart would always be visible.

I think the current implement (bars not being shifted and redrawn) is correct for the case of chart being shift to the left (with black "out of range" icon shown), however in the case of shift chart to the left (with hollow "out of range" icon shown" this design is not correct and user friendly. When a user scrolls the chart to the left so that quite some blank margin is left on the right of the chart, his intention is most likely to display (draw) something (text labels, extended trendline, etc.), however definitely he would like to always keep the last bar visible in this circumstance. When he scrolls the chart to the right is totally another story because in the later case, he is more likely doing some research on historical bars and does not want the visible area shifting when new bar is created.

So in summary, from a user's point of view, NT seems not user-friendly in the case when hollow "out of range" icon appears on charts.

Please your crossline cursor on top of the last bar on a 1min chart of ES U8 and let NT running for several minutes in three cases I mentioned above respectively and watch how old bars are shifted and where new bars are drawn relative to the position of your mouse on the screen, you would understand why I think the current design can be improved.

- Clearpicks

Comment

Hello,

This behavior is expected, however I will submit this suggestion to our development team.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm  
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes