ESignal OnDemand: No Longer Works w/Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESignal OnDemand: No Longer Works w/Ninja

Hey all, I just wanted to put a note out there on this in case anyone else is running into this issue.
    I've been using the ESignal OnDemand data feed (the delayed data feed from ESignal) to populate charts and backtest equity futures with Ninja. It's been working fine up until this morning when they "upgraded" my account. OnDemand now no longer works with 3rd party software, ie- NinjaTrader.
    I just got done with support and they told me I could upgrade to the Premier package and that would populate data... thing is a pricing difference of $25/month for OnDemand vs $150/month for Premier.

Testing just got a little bit more expensive... I'm be interested in input from others about what they're using for delayed data for testing.

You can subscribe for delayed data from different exchanges - it costs about 10 USD and after testing cancel subscription.

Comment

Managed to get it working, with some effort

Hi, I just signed up for the eSignal OnDemand service today and did have trouble connecting, but eventually got it working. I'm not sure however it if is just luck as I had to play with all sorts of things.

My configuration was:
      1. Windows Vista
      2. I originally used eSignal to startup the data manager application, but then closed eSignal down before starting NinjaTrader
      3. Run NinjaTrader as Administrator

I didn't have any luck when NinjaTrader tried to launch the eSignal Data connector. NinjaTrader also gave me heaps of problems when it wasn't started as Administrator in Windows Vista.

Sorry I can't be more help, but can say that it still works for historic data - but not smoothly and it may not work again tomorrow.

Comment

Hi, I am using live eSignal and it works without any problems, only think you need to start eSignal Data manager before connecting in NinjaTrader. In the moment you shut down DM, NT will not get any data. Latest version of DM you can download from http://www.esignal.com/download/dm/. It would help if information about DM would be on Connection Guide at web

Comment

Hi

I was thinking of purchasing eSignal on Demand clearly for the purpose of backtesting. Can anyone please confirm it still works with NinjaTrader - it says on the website that this service doesn't support third party software.

Thanks

Comment

Hello gregid,

Unfortunately this feed is not supported in NinjaTrader anymore as per post #1.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post XXtrader  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes