Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Rollover Contract

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with the latest version of NT7 that I have never encountered before: Sometimes I would change the chart of a given market to the next futures contract a few days BEFORE the actual rollover (3-5 days before, no more). I would do that so I can enter a trade on the fresh contract so it won't be cut when the old contract rools over. This is something I have done many times before I must say. When I would do that, I would then reload all historical data and of course all the lines I drawn on the chart would move and all the usual bugs but at least I could enter the trade and the data presented would be ok. For some reason, I cannot do that anymore. When I switch I see the new contract but I cannot trade it - for example, I wanted to trade GC today on the next contract (8/7/17) that is rolled-over in just 2 days. It did not show me the proper data and it did not fill my order.

Furthermore, when I switch to the new contract before the official rollover, the reload all historical data doesn't work. The control center shows that it is loading the historical data but the chart doesn't reload it. This is also a new issue that I have never seen before. The chart is left with the old data and with a "Loading data..." caption on the top left corner of the chart.

Again, I did these things MANY times in the past and it always worked until now.
    Please help.

Thanks,
    Yaron

If you want to rollover before that and continue to merge past contracts, you will need to adjust the rollover date. See the video below on how to do this:

If you do not want your charts to merge back past contracts, you can change your merge policy to 'Do Not Merge' under Tools > Options > Data. Below I have provided a link to the 'Understanding Merge Policies' section of the help guide:

If you've done the steps above to either adjust the rollover date or adjust your merge policy and the charts still do not appear correctly, Please delete your cache and test with a blank workspace:

To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder.
    • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down.
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Many thanks. Adjusting the rollover date resolved my problems.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB