Incorrect Open Position Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Open Position Data

I have a open short position on the Euro FX (6E), using ZenFire. As the position progressed in my favor, the chart trader information was fine for a couple of hours. I came back and looked at my position after the market closed (4pm CST), on chart trader the total ticks profit was now incorrect by about 35%.

When the market reopened, chart trader changed my entry point to somewhere around the previous days close, with the P&L ticks showing correctly for that new entry point.

I thought this was strange and shut down NT and reopened it. Now NT has lost my entry data under the "Executions" tab. I still have my open short position, but my entry on chart trader still does not show my original entry position.
    Can someone please explain this strange behavior?

thanks.

Not sure what is happening here. Are you on sim trading or is on a live account. If you say the current display matches with PnL maybe that is actually the real price?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is a live account.
      The display matches the PnL, after it assumed a different entry position (NT changed the entry position after the market closed and reopened). Chart trader is not showing my original entry price.

Comment

This different entry position, is it the proper entry price? Please check on your account at your brokerage to see. From what you are saying I am understanding that the original entry position shown on NT was inaccurate to begin with and now it is proper.

Comment

The different entry price is incorrect. The original entry price was correct, up until close. After that, the entry price just changed from being correct, to a price that approximates the closing price, which is not my original entry price.

Comment

Then what is this deal about walking away and coming back with 35% inaccuracy in PnL? Your executions will show whatever is in its database. How do you figure PnL is inaccurate?

Comment

The inaccuracy is how much NT changed my entry position after the instrument reopened, thereby making the PnL inaccurate.
              My daily report from my broker shows the proper entry position, therefore it is NT that is showing the inaccuracy. The details are:
              My correct short entry on Euro FX (6E) = 1.4741
              NT now shows my entry position = 1.4672
              As I said earlier, NT did show the 1.4741 entry price until the instrument closed for the day. When it reopened it changed the entry price to 1.4741.
              As we speak, this position is still open showing the incorrect entry position. This is a live trade, so I am able to confirm the correct details with my broker. My broker has confirmed that they have the correct information. It is just NT that is not reflecting reality on chart trader.

Comment

Position reports from Zen are native -> NT shows whatever position price your broker sent to NT. Please contact your broker to understand why your position price changed. May be this was part of your broker's overnight handling...

Comment

Any update

Any update on this issue??

I have done my first live trade and have the same problem.
                  My broker is Vision.
                  I have sent thru an e-mail to support earlier today.
                  Entered an order for August Crude OIL at 77.07 and the fill price was reported correctly at 77.07.
                  However when I disconnected and later logged back on, NT displayed/changed my entry price to 77.24.
                  I don't understand the responses that were given to the original starter Astrolobe.
                  Vision is showing the correct value at THE BACKEND, ie on its servers and on its statements.
                  The problem occured as soon as I first disconnected Vision from NT, after the order was entered. This occured After the market had closed and at the time I disconnected, the price of crude was 77.24. For some reason NT reported and changed my entry price from 77.07 to the value of the market at the time I disconnected FIRST at 77.24.
                  I do not understand the responses to the original problem.
                  If my statements and my broker show only the entry price at the backend of 77.07, and NT itself shows under the "orders" tab of the control center the correct value, its only the "positions" tab of the control center that is incorrect showing an entry at 77.24.
                  My chart also shows the incorrect entry at 77.24.
                  Note that the "cash value" under the "accounts" tab of the control center correctly reflects my account balance based on a 77.07 entry.

Comment

nmarolt, welcome to our forums - this is likely the result of the broker overnight handling as Dierk mentioned as futures are cash settled daily (market to market) - to understand what is reported and how we would need to review your trace / logs from the software, please submit them for review using the Help > Mail to Support feature and then also mention this thread here in the subject / mail body.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Understood

I have sent an email response for 340696 where a detailed explanation was provided for this behaviour to my inbox.
                      Thank you for the clarification.
                      IN this particular case Globex Crude OIL closes at 5:15 pm each day for 45 minutes. The closing price in my case for August Globex Crude Oil was in fact 77.24, and it now becomes clear how settlement prices are reported.

I do find it strange that this is the price that is shown as an ENTRY price once the market is closed, but as this is a settlement process, I can live with it.

Thank you for getting back to me.
                      Nick

Comment

Forex PnL Innacurate Unit

When trading forex i.e. the GBPCAD the PnL decimals are off. For example, it can show $3.60 when it should really be $36.00. It seems to occur with every currency. The Strategy Analyzer is not effected as the Instrument Manager has been adjusted to produce the correct results.

Comment

Hello retrofx,

I'd be happy to investigate this for you, but to do so I will need some personal information.

Could you send in a ticket to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. In the email please write Attn: Chelsea #340734.

I look forward to receiving your email.
                          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by rt61968, 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post MasterEtrad3  
                          Started by nuobo, Today, 07:43 PM
                          0 responses