Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Trading Code no longer works

Greetings:

I have been trading with an automated trading system that I wrote in eSignal and it has been working perfectly for several months. I wrote it for one of the first version 5.0 releases. I have upgraded to Ver. 5.1.1000.2 and NT will no longer accept an order. I am placing the order with the following:

NTCommand("Place",NTAcct,"SELL",Contracts,"LIMIT", tradeprice,0,"DAY","","",PLStrategy,PLStrategy)

Here is the result from the NT log:

'Place;Sim101;ABU6;SELL;1;LIMIT;699.3;0;DAY;;;12_1 2TickBasic1;12_12TickBasic1' processing
    6/15/2006 11:03:28 AM|3|1|OIF, 'Place;Sim101;ABU6;SELL;1;LIMIT;699.3;0;DAY;;;12_1 2TickBasic1;12_12TickBasic1' strategy id '12_12TickBasic1' already in use

As you can see, I am designating the strategy I wantto use in my eSignal code, but with the new version it says that strategy is already in use, and will no longer place the order as it did before.

Please advise as to what I need to do for the changes you made in the new NT version so that my code will work correctly again.

Thanks,

Warren Rosenfeld - TraderReports.com 214-265-1632

imported post

Hi Warren,

I did get your email regarding the rollout and will respond to you by tomorrow. Are you always passing in the same strategy id value? Looks like you are. Can you change this to be unique for each order that initiates a new strategy?

Let me know if that resolves it.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray:

I manually inserted the digit one (1) in place of the name of the strategy for the StrategyID value for aBuy andthe digittwo (2) for a Sell, and the trades seem to befiring correctly in testing. I ran several trades without changing the numbers. Can I infer from this that the StrategyID doesdoes nothave to be a unique number for each new trade, but simply has to be different from the strategy name?

Warren

Comment

imported post

No, it needs to be unique for each new trade. Use sometime like barTimeStamp to ensure uniqueness.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Touch-Ups  
        Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes