Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Indicator Data Entry

Hello all,

I'd like to simplify some of my daily chart setup routine and am searching for the way to enter selected indicator user defined data across the same indicator on multiple charts. For example, I use ColorZones2 to plot colored support and resistance zones on side by side charts with the same instrument but different tick settings. Currently, I open the ColorZones2 indicator in each chart manually to enter the values. That is, I open the first chart's indicator, enter the user defined values, apply/close, move to the next chart, open the indicator again, re-enter the same values and so on... I would like to be able to enter the values once and have it populate the indicator across multiple charts. Perhaps there is a script that you can point me toward to automate this. Writing one from scratch is a little beyond my capabilities.

Any help and direction is greatly appreciated.

Hello jrp2099,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

A workaround in this area would be to open one indicator on one chart, set the values needed then right mouse click on the indicator parameters then select "Set default for...", next remove and re-add the indicator on each chart that has that indicator to then use those newly set defaults which would include the entered values. This is something you would have to do each day but will save a few steps.

A solution would be to add file read capability to the indicator and then create a simple text file that you update as needed. The indicator instances can then read the data in that file. So you would then only be editing one simple notepad application type file. You would have to decide when to update the values and then when you want the indicator to read the file so that it all happens automatically, otherwise you end up having to reload ninjascript on each chart after updating the file.

Here is a reference to an example of reading a file into an indicator: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3476
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Option Whisperer  
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
    0 responses
    1 view