connection string is invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection string is invalid

When I try to start my ninja trader platform I am getting an error message saying connection string is invalid file may be corrupted. Also says run repair utility to check database file then says no registered JIT debugger attaching debugger manually and nothing happens it just says loading master instruments. Please help

Hello shani77,

Are you using a MAC?

Is your Documents folder located on a network path that starts with two slashes \\?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello,

no I am using a mac I am using a dell laptop

Comment

Hello shani77,

Is your Documents folder located on a network path that starts with two slashes \\?

If not, please install SQL Compact 3.5 and this should correct the error.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.
        Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
        • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
        • Add and remove software/programs
        • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
        • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here:
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
        • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract another extractor file to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop.
        • It will then extract another package file that you will neeed to also run to extract the 32-bit and 64-bit installation files.
        • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
        • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
        • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
        • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
        • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
        • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may schedule a call to assist.

Comment

hello I did all the steps in the thread but i am getting a warning message that says- on a 64-bit computer,install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the SQL server compact 3.5 SP2 MSI files.Existing SQL Server Compact 3.5 applications will fail if onlt the 32-bit version is installed on a 64-bit computer. developers should chain both the 32-bit and 64-bit MSI files with their applications and install both og them on a 64-bit computer. See install.txt file for more information. Click yes to continue. -So i dont know what to do. I need to schedule a call for assistance because i still cant load my platforn that i have a lifetime license for. thanks

Comment

also i dont know if my trace file is needed so you can take a look- trace.20170425 and log file log.20170424, thabks

Comment

Hello shani77,

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may schedule a call to assist.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ghoul
              by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              3 responses