32-bit vs 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32-bit vs 64-bit

I already tried searching for existing threads to help eliminate wasted effort. To what I have seen, it seems that generally the 64-bit version is preferred over the 32-bit version, but some 3rd party tools require the 32 bit version. And, I think I saw a post that the 32-bit version can run out of memory. On the other hand, I would think that for the same configuration, the 64-bit version probably takes more memory.

How does performance and stability compare between the two?

Obviously I know the 64-bit version requires a 64-bit OS and CPU. But, other than that, is there any difference in system requirements or recommendations? I see that minimum RAM is 2 GB. But, I'm guessing that is not optimal and likely much higher for 64-bit for real use.

This is the NT7 forum, but perhaps you might mention NT8 as well if there are any differences in this area.

What are you using currently?

TDA in NT7 was 32bit only, now 64 bit in NT8.... so I can run NT8 in 64 bit mode. Not that I really need to do that... NT is still around 400 MB in my situation.

I do all my market replays in 64 bit, as should anyone else with a 64 bit processor.

I guess the line is blurred - use 64 bit if you can... no use staying the past. (try running 16 bit!!!)

*I did have some NT8 Beta versions run out of memory after some replays on 16GB ram system... but that is no longer an issue.

Comment

Hello Speedie6,

Thank you for your post,

You would likely see greater performance with the 64-bit version as it will have greater access to your computers resources. There is not a difference between minimum system requirements, unfortunately we are not able to make recommendations. The same is also true for NinjaTrader 8.

One thing to keep in mind as well is that NinjaTrader 7 is a single-cored application so will only be able to use so much of your CPU. For example, if you have a four-core machine and your CPU is around 20 percent when using NinjaTrader, it's maxing out the amount it has access too. This is not the case with NinjaTrader 8, it is a multi-cored application.

Let us know if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite