Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Partial reload of data? Some tick data bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial reload of data? Some tick data bad.

NT 7.0.1000.31

I'm having some problems with a subset of my tick data and am wondering about easiest/quickest fix:

* 30 sec chart all screwed up. Super fat candlesticks, etc.
    * other sec charts, such as 10 sec are ok, tho(???)
    * minute data is fine.

Figured I'd need to reload data, but a full reload of ALL data takes a LONG time. So, is there a way to either reload data for a specific chart only or maybe a way to specify reloading just tick data and to leave minute/day/other data unchanged. That way, I could be back up and running in a few minutes.

Also, I see a zillion tick/minute charts in the 'db' folder for NT7 and was wondering if there's a way to back up this data to avoid problems in the future. I could easily copy the folder and stash somewhere, realizing any future db files would not exist.

Lastly, thinking longer term, in a situation like this, would it be a good idea to wait until off shift, then rename the bad data folder to get it out of the way and do a reload of data? That way, I'd get a fresh set of clean data.

Thanks...
    Last edited by AMATX; 03-30-2017, 08:23 AM.

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for your post,

I suggest altering the bar width, this can be done by using the shortcut keys Atl + Up arrow of your keyboard (see the Chart Style drop-down of the chart toolbar).

Reloading via the right-click menu will affect all charts that share a data type, so reloading the second charts would also reload the tick charts. See the below section of our help guide for more on data types.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._are_built.htm

Apologies if that doesn't help, to test, I suggest trying to open a new chart via File > New.

We look forward to assisting further
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

See below, answers imbeded inside your quote...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello AMATX,

Thank you for your post,

I suggest altering the bar width, this can be done by using the shortcut keys Atl + Up arrow of your keyboard (see the Chart Style drop-down of the chart toolbar).

====>> Tried this, didn't fully fix the problem.

Reloading via the right-click menu will affect all charts that share a data type, so reloading the second charts would also reload the tick charts. See the below section of our help guide for more on data types.

====>> Got it. However, if I right-click on a 30s 'AAPL' stock chart, will the reload only apply to AAPL data or to ALL tick/seconds type charts?

Apologies if that doesn't help, to test, I suggest trying to open a new chart via File > New.

====>> Tried this; didn't work for what I needed.

We look forward to assisting further

What I ended up doing that fixed the problem was to rename some of yesterday's end-of-day tick charts (xxx.Last.ntd) to get 'em out of the way. I then rebooted NT7 and my charts are back to normal <whew>

Appears after market closed data from yesterday was corrupted.

Follow up question, tho:

I only want tick/second data for NYSE daily session; that is, 9:30am-4:00pm, M-F. Is there any way to tell NT7 -not- to collect tick data from after hours? In this particular case, I think some of those files were bad.

Thanks for the quick response. I'd read the links you supplied, so I knew about tick data being rolled up into seconds type data, etc.

I use IQFeed data feed, so am good there...
      Last edited by AMATX; 03-30-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

The trading hours displayed on the charts can be accessed by the Session Template.
        You may view what session template is in use on the chart by right clicking > Data Series > Data Section > Session Template.

To view what hours the Session Template refer to, go to Tools > Session Manager. Use the top drop-down menu to view the template and its corresponding hours.
        Please see the below section of our help guide for more on Session Templates.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...on_manager.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, now that the market's closed, I did a reload of tick/seconds data via right-click on a 30s chart. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it finished in just a couple of minutes.

I did a reload a month or two ago, during the trading session, via the main control panel, selecting a complete reload. This too a longggggg time.

I'd suggest someone update the NT7/NT8 online doc to distinguish more of a diff between the two methods. For me, selective reloading, via right-clicking on a chart is the way to go. I could actually do this during the trading session, too, if things fell apart.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post mmenigma  
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          9 responses