Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange trades at the beginning of the session...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ben,
    So for my case, if I use Bolinger Bands with a period of 14, and if I set 'min bars required' to less than 14, say 9, then the Bollinger calculation would be inaccurate, is that correct?

If thats the case, if the trading period of a contract is 8am to 4pm, and you set these times for your script, and if you use 1min charts with a 14 period Bollinger Band, then you would not get accutate values for your Bollinger Bands until 8.14am.... is that correct, am I on the right lines?

Then if that's also true, if I set my opening times to 14mins before the previous days close, then therefore my Bollinger Band value be correct on the start of the session at 8am?

Are my deductions correct and could this be my quick fix???????

Regards
    John
    Last edited by John833; 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hello,

>>So for my case, if I use Bolinger Bands with a period of 14, and if I set 'min bars required' to less than 14, say 9, then the Bollinger calculation would be inaccurate, is that correct?

Correct.

>>If thats the case, if the trading period of a contract is 8am to 4pm, and you set these times for your script, and if you use 1min charts with a 14 period Bollinger Band, then you would not get accutate values for your Bollinger Bands until 8.14am.... is that correct, am I on the right lines?

Your thinking is correct.

>>Then if that's also true, if I set my opening times to 14mins before the previous days close, then therefore my Bollinger Band value be correct on the start of the session at 8am?

Yes.

>>Are my deductions correct and could this be my quick fix???????

It could be. Congratulations, you are starting the debugging process!
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ben...

Comment

Dear Ben,

But if the data/chart is continous it must take the data prior to 8am and calculate the indicator. Why should it be the case that only after current days 14 bars it starts calculating. How to solve this problem.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Hello,

>>So for my case, if I use Bolinger Bands with a period of 14, and if I set 'min bars required' to less than 14, say 9, then the Bollinger calculation would be inaccurate, is that correct?

Correct.

>>If thats the case, if the trading period of a contract is 8am to 4pm, and you set these times for your script, and if you use 1min charts with a 14 period Bollinger Band, then you would not get accutate values for your Bollinger Bands until 8.14am.... is that correct, am I on the right lines?

Your thinking is correct.

>>Then if that's also true, if I set my opening times to 14mins before the previous days close, then therefore my Bollinger Band value be correct on the start of the session at 8am?

Yes.

>>Are my deductions correct and could this be my quick fix???????

It could be. Congratulations, you are starting the debugging process!

Comment

Hello kassaindia,

When the indicator uses a period of 14, it will take 14 price bars for the indicator to calculate its value. Thus a minimum of 14 bars is required to plot an indicator value.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes