Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very strange issue when I use the strategy wizard

Hi,

Im testing around the GAin/Forex account using demo.

I opened USD/JPY 30 min charts. I also created a new simply strategy, using 2 MA cross each other and put out an UP/DOWN arrow. When I first created it and applied it to the chart, it has all the arrows.

However when I go modify it to add another conditions such as MACD crosses MACD's average, and do UP/DOWN arrow, then everything else is no changed. Then I applied to the chart again, it never works. Even the arrows that shows up before modification wont show up either.

I tried this multiple times. Only the new strategies will work, after modifying, it wont work. I always exit the strategy before editing. Also I tried to close the whole ninja program before applying the modified strategy, it wont work as well.

Im totally out of ideas. It is very serious issue, since modifying conditions is always happening.
    Last edited by MoreYummy; 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM.

If you mean "never works" means that you don't see arrows anymore then likely the conditions that trigger the drawing never become true. Also, make sure that you reload your strategy after making a change by pressing F5 in your chart or re-run a backtest if working in the Strategy Analyzer.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes "never work" in this case is no arrow showing. I found out away to make them show up now. Very strange. Before I modify, the arrow will show up correctly, but after modify anything,(I didnt even add anymore conditions, just add a new what-to-do, alert in sound in addition to the arrow), the arrow for the previous version using exactly the same condition will NEVER appears. When I delete the alert sound, and only use arrow, it wont come back on again, unless I make a new strategy.

I am using very simple MA cross MA to test around, same thing every time.

It is very strange. I just upgraded to the newest version today, and got the problem. Perhaps a bug.

Comment

Are there any errors showing in the Control Center log tab?
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I dont see any special error other than some testing order rejected error, and connection lost error.

it seems the arrow is gone, but the strategy is still running correctly. I tried the F5, no luck.

Only way to fix it, is create a totally new one. It is very interesting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post martin70