Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed problem

Hi Support,

I am noticing a frequent problem with IQfeed. I am on 1000.5 version of Ninja. I connect to zenfire first and then IQfeed. After a few hours I connect to IQfeed, if I reload any chart whose data is received from IQfeed (for example a Nyse TICK chart), a window pops up (the normal data reload window) and says "this request cannot be aborted".

And the chart never gets reloaded and the popup window just stays there for the entire day. It also doesn't allow me to close the popup window. The only way I found to close the window is restart of Ninja, which I can't do during market hours.

Any way you can please fix this problem with IQFeed.

Thanks
    RK

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify, when you say "After a few hours I connect to IQfeed" what are you doing exactly?

Are you disconnecting Zen-Fire? What is the connection order in the bottom left hand corner of the Control Center from left to right when you have the issue?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ben,

I connect to zenfire first and then IQfeed second and I do not disconnect till end of day.

Say like I connect to zenfire at 8:00 am and then IQfeed at 8:15 am. If I try a reload of a chart(whose data is from IQfeed,like Nyse TICK) at 10:00 am, I get this problem and I am stuck. Would appreciate if you can suggest a solution to this problem or fix it.

Thanks
      RK

Comment

Hello,

Are you able to pull up TICK while only connected to IQ Feed?

If so, please send me your account connectoin information to support at ninjatrader dot com attn Ben. Please reference this discussion in the email. And I will test it on my end.

Comment

Hi Ben,

Yes,TICK works if I connect to IQfeed only or even with both connections to zenfire and IQfeed. It is when I reload the TICK chart (or any other chart receiving data from IQfeed), the problem happens.

I also noticed that after this problem happens, reload of any chart isn't working. (doesn't matter if that chart is getting data from zenfire or IQfeed)
          . For example, I tried to reload a ES chart to a different timeframe and it doesn't reload, it just stays at the same timeframe.

Thanks
          RK

Comment

Hello,

I connected to Zen-Fire then IQFeed, openned the ES 09-08 chart, then changed intervals, and right clicked reload historical data --> everything works as expected.

Please send your log and trace folders to me from: Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5

email that to support at ninjatrader dot com attn: Ben and I will look into this futher for you.

Comment

Ben,

After connecting to zenfire and then IQfeed, you need to wait for an hour or 2 before reloading a chart,which receives data from IQfeed something like NYSE Tick. And when you reload TICK chart,..thats when the problem is happening. ES chart works fine,..as it receives data from zenfire.

Thanks
              RK

Comment

Hello,

OK I understand now. In your previous post you said it was happenning with the ES too.

I will test it for two hours and try to reproduce.

Comment

Hello,

I used an index, which Zen-Fire does not support and changed the interval as instructed, but I cannot reproduce any issue.

Try a different index like VIX and see if you can produce the issue.

Do you see any errors in your log tab when you do this?

If the problem presists please send you account connection information to me at support at ninjatrader dot com and I will test it for your. Send the email attention Ben and reference this discussion.

Comment

Hi Ben,

Did you try it with Nyse TICK? The symbol mapping in instrument manager for NYSE TICK for IQfeed is "TICK.Z"

I remember this was happening with other indexes coming from IQFeed also, I noticed this a few times in the past as well.

Thanks
                    RK

Comment

Hi RK,

Ben is currently out of the office. He will be back tomorrow morning and respond then as I am not aware of his findings.
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also get that problem with IQFEED. I cannot just get it repeated like that for support, it is one of those sporatic problems that keep appearing, and you mention it to support, and they cannot recreate it. It is as if the connection goes to sleep. Even if you disconnect from the IQfeed, Ninja still keeps the box up forever.

Comment

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce this behavior with TICK.

I suggest using a different index and see if it behaves different.

If we find something that I can reproduce I can send it to development for further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes