When strategies go live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When strategies go live

Hello, Im new to automated trading and Ninja trader, but I am a full time trader. I was testing a strategy over 4 months of data (es futures) and Im trying to decide at what point I should test it in live markets? If you had a profitable strategy tested over 4 months(I cant seem to get more historic data than this from esignal) at what point would you consider testing it live? Or does anyone know where I can get more historic data? I guess my main question would be Is 4 months sufficient for testing an automated strategy, or should I be focused more on percentages ect?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm...that's a question hard to answer. I would not know how much backtesting would be "sufficient". I guess the debates/discussions on that issue are legend. You should be able to find references in the web regarding that issue.

Comment

Yeah that does make sense, but just makes you wonder how dramatically different does the ES have to trade for the next 4 months to cause any system that was profitable in the previous months fail. Does anyone here modify their systems every month/6mo/yearly to stay profitable?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post GLFX005
      by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
      2 responses