Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing order when stopping out

Hello,

I got my strategy set up and everything is working good except for one problem. I am using automation and the strategy is designed to stop out of the trade if it hits the entry of a new trade moving in the opposite direction. When that happens the the trade stops out like it is supposed to but the problem is that it gets me into the next trade. My strategy is a one trade strategy so it is not supposed to take the next trade. On the chart everything looks correct. The chart shows the strategy exiting the trade and not entering a new trade however the trade manager shows a new trade executed. I have to then close out the trade to get out of the position. Have you heard of this happening before? Can you assist me? I should mention that I am using a third party strategy not the ATM strategy.

Jason

Hello jason911d,

This would be hard to say what may be happening in the logic without seeing the actual syntax being used. To me this sounds like the scripts logic is either allowing the Entry condition to happen once the exit occurs or the incorrect logic is being used in the Exit method. In the case the exit condition is calling an Enter method to both Close and Reverse the position this could be the case if you are seeing it enter into the opposite direction.

Being that this is a third party strategy, if possible I would suggest to contact the developer of this item to confirm the exact logic that is being used, this would help determine the outcome of the strategy when run.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes