Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader entry price marker

Hi, a couple of questions:

1. For some reason today the charts aren't drawing a line plus label showing the price orders were filled at and no position/update is shown in the P&L window. The charts are showing though the stop order and allow moving it etc. Any idea?

2. When I have a position with an active ATM strategy and I enter another order, when the stop order for the ATM gets triggered the additional order I've put in is canceled. Is there a way to change this behaviour? In some cases I would like to reverse my position if a stop is triggered. Maybe there's a better way to do this?

Thanks
    Eyal

Today, my entry price markers are showing up at a zero price on the chart using charttrader although the notation on the label is showing the correct price. Has happened three times in a row. using latest 6.5

Comment

Hello,

Charts will only display trade executions with lines that connect the trades upon running automated strategies in a chart. Since you state the PnL field does not display a value, it indicates you have ChartTrader enabled. When you have ChartTrader enabled you cannot apply automated strategies in a chart, thus no executions connected by dotted lines will be displayed. However, you can enable the display of trade executions only by setting "Plot executions" to DoNotPlot" in the chart properties menu.

I suggest to take a look at the link below, which will provide you information regarding the ATM selection mode.

The stop loss and profit target in your sitiation gets added to the existing stop loss and profit target because this setting is set "SelectActiveATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission".

More information regarding Auto Reverse can be found at the following link.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

I am referring only to discretionary trades. So when I mentioned a line showing the entry price I was referring to the label showing the execution price for an existing position which will also show on the left label connected to that line the current live updating position P&L. It's the line for which you can set the length via 'Order display bar length (% of chart)' setting in the Chart Trader Properties. I used to have this displayed every time I initiated a new position and I'm not sure if I changed something or it just disappeared on its own.

Not sure what you mean with the second part of the answer. I have no target in place. I use an ATM Strategy to automatically place a stop order once I enter a position. On occasion I would like to double the quantity of that stop so that if it's hit I'll get stopped and immediately reverse the position.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello,

Charts will only display trade executions with lines that connect the trades upon running automated strategies in a chart. Since you state the PnL field does not display a value, it indicates you have ChartTrader enabled. When you have ChartTrader enabled you cannot apply automated strategies in a chart, thus no executions connected by dotted lines will be displayed. However, you can enable the display of trade executions only by setting "Plot executions" to DoNotPlot" in the chart properties menu.

I suggest to take a look at the link below, which will provide you information regarding the ATM selection mode.

The stop loss and profit target in your sitiation gets added to the existing stop loss and profit target because this setting is set "SelectActiveATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission".

More information regarding Auto Reverse can be found at the following link.
        http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...toReverse.html

Comment

Hello,

I see. Please right click in ChartTrader and check what settings are used for the lines; make sure the color is not set to transparent.

You can use the Auto Reverse feature to reverse your position. More information can be found in the link below.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

None of the colours were set to transparent but I clicked Reset to reset the settings for the Chart Trader and that line is back (at least on the Sim account). Apparently that reset also clears all the settings in the Chart Properties too, which I expected to not be affected by resetting Chart Trader but it's not a biggie.

Got your meaning now on the second part. Right clicking and enabling Reverse during an active strategy does the trick for me. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello,

I see. Please right click in ChartTrader and check what settings are used for the lines; make sure the color is not set to transparent.

You can use the Auto Reverse feature to reverse your position. More information can be found in the link below.
            http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...toReverse.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses