Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What feeds can i use with ninja for paper trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What feeds can i use with ninja for paper trading?

I have an ameritrade account, but don't like their platform and would like to paper trade for a while too. Can I use NinjaTrader Simulation with Ameritrade, or do I have to pay and get esignal or another supported feed. I am trying not to pay anything until I am ready to go live, so I would like to know if there is anything out there that works with ninja simulation that can provide a free feed just until i go live.

imported post

Hi,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaTrader does not work with Ameritrade.

If you want to use NinjaTrader I can arrange an introduction with a participating NinjaTrader broker partner that can set you up with a demo account and a free trial for 2 weeks.

Send your follow up to [email protected] and address it to me.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Could you please introduce me to the right feed/broker? I too want to start paper trading all instruments (just simple position trading; no advanced stuff like arbitraging) with NT using the indicator I just developed.

If you can't recommend a particular broker/feed to remain neutral, I would understand. It's just that trying to find all broker/feeds that NT supports and then understanding their relative merits is turning out to be more work than I wanted, especially since all I want to do is paper trade indefinitely.

If it will help you, I subscribed to Open Tick while developing my indicator and would not find using it as the data feed (unless you can recommend something better for papertrading). My selection criteria are:
      * Low cost
      * Realism of the fills (I don't know how hard they try to simulate the market fill behavior, but immediate fill with no slippage would be ... disappointing)

BTW, I would be surprised if you don't have a comparison chart you can readily share with newbies like me. If you don't I can only guess that either you want to remain neutral to all your partners, or that there are not that many newbies like me who want to use NT for papertrading.

With much appreciation,

-Henry

Comment

Hi henry.omd,

Please check out this chart. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post hazylizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        5 responses