Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to Continuum

Hello,

I have just moved my computer into a new office and am on the network of that office (via ethernet cable). I have internet connection as I can access any website via my browser. I can also logon to skype. When I attempt to connect to continuum in NT7, after a few minutes of waiting for NT to connect to Continuum I then receive the following error:

Login failed: Network connection to the Order Routing System is unavailable.

(Also please see log file attached)

I have already restarted my PC and it did not help at all. Could somebody please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks, Michelle
    Attached Files
    Last edited by michelle99; 12-15-2016, 03:35 AM. Reason: Attach log file.

Hello Michelle,

I am not aware of connectivity issues with Continuum.

Can you please try a reset of your modem/router first and check if this will make a difference.

Are you wireless connected? If so, please hard wire your computer to your modem/router if possible.

How many devices do you have connected to your modem/router? Is NinjaTrader able to connect if less devices are connected to your modem/router?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Michelle,

I am not aware of connectivity issues with Continuum.

Can you please try a reset of your modem/router first and check if this will make a difference.

Are you wireless connected? If so, please hard wire your computer to your modem/router if possible.

How many devices do you have connected to your modem/router? Is NinjaTrader able to connect if less devices are connected to your modem/router?
      Hi Jason, thanks for the reply. I added in additional detail to my original post, please see above. I am on an office network. I am the only person in the office and all other computers are off - - I am 99% sure I am the only one currently connected to the network. I have powered off the office router as well as restarted my machine. I still cannot connect.

Please help?

Comment

Also, please see the log file I just attached to my original post above.

Comment

I found this little tool which can tell me which ports are open to me on this network. http://www.canyouseeme.org/

I've tested 80 as well as 443, they are open. Are there any other ports I should check?

Comment

The log file shows NinjaTrader also cannot connect to the historical data server. This is a separate connection from the Continuum connection - they connect to different IP addresses. This indicates connectivity issues on your end. I am able to connect to Continuum and historical data server on my end - I have not seen reports from other customers so far either.

Is there perhaps another internet connection available for you other than through the office network?

Comment

Please make sure port 2823 is not blocked when connecting to CQG/Continuum connections. The historical data server uses port 31654 and 31655.

Comment

Connecting via my home yesterday worked fine which means it must be the office network. What I need is to get NinjaTrader to work from my office network because this is where I will be trading.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Please make sure port 2823 is not blocked when connecting to CQG/Continuum connections. The historical data server uses port 31654 and 31655.
                Okay, I have checked all of those ports using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and they all appear to be closed to me.

QUESTION1: Jason could you please check these ports on your own machine which has a PC that can connect to continuum using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and let me know if this tool says you have access to all these ports?

QUESTION 2: Are there any IP Addresses I need to make sure I can access?

Thanks again
                Last edited by michelle99; 12-15-2016, 03:45 AM.

Comment

1. I get an error. I also get an error when trying port 21 or 25.

2. CQG/Continuum connections:

Network - Subnet Bits - Subnet Mask
                  67.152.7.192 - 26 - 255.255.255.192
                  208.48.16.0 - 24 - 255.255.255.0
                  64.208.51.192 - 26 - 255.255.255.192
                  66.77.164.128 - 26 - 255.255.255.192
                  216.219.76.64 - 26 - 255.255.255.192
                  202.147.38.224 - 27 - 255.255.255.224
                  203.192.141.160 - 27 - 255.255.255.224

Historical data server:

HDS1 - 208.48.16.140
                  HDS11 - 208.48.16.131
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 12-15-2016, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post WHICKED
                  by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  15 responses