Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer column sorting

Hello,

In Market Analyzer, is there a way to sort my instrument column based on the time it appears in my column? In other words, the latest instrument to enter the column (based on my cell conditions) will always be on the top of the column?

Appreciate your assistance

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

The Market Analyzer in NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 only support Auto-Sorting instruments by name, not by date added.

While NinjaTrader 8 offers the ability to use Cell and Filter conditions on Instrument columns within the Market Analyzer, there is not any functionality to access the time the instrument has been added.

For more information on Auto-Sorting within NinjaTrader 7's Market Analyzer, please consult the help documentation here:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure I understand, how do new instruments appear in the market analyzer - in what order? Example, looking at the columns in real-time (seconds), new instruments will flash in and out of the column as cell conditions are met and then disappear from the column as cell conditions are no longer valid. This happens over seconds and is difficult to see which ones have just entered and just left the instrument column.

Do these new instruments automatically slot into the instrument column in alphabetical order?

Appreciate your help

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Newly added instruments are added at the bottom of the Market Analyzer. If Auto-Sort is disabled, these instruments will remain listed in descending order from the time they were added to the list.

If you disable Auto-Sort, you can create the list in the order you are requesting, albeit reversed. Auto-Sort can be disabled via by Right-Clicking within the Market Analyzer and making sure Auto Sort is unchecked.

If Filter Conditions are making it difficult to read your Market Analyzer, you may temporarily disable Row Filter from the Right-Click context menu in Market Analyzer.

If you have any other NinjaTrader related question, please don't hesitate to ask.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM