Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with Alert window column headers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Alert window column headers.

NT7 7.0.1000.31

I'm using the alert window and everything works ok except for column headers. I want only the 'Message' column to show, so I right clicked on a header, selected 'Properties' and turned off everything else. Problem is, when I bring up NT7, I get three additional columns: 'Instrument', 'Priority' and 'Time'. I tried saving the config file using only the 'Message' column, but NT7 always brings up the window with four columns defined.

Any ideas on how to turn off the three columns I don't need?

Hello AMATX,

Can you please save your workspace at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace after you removed the columns in the Alerts window. Keep the Alerts window opened when you exit NinjaTrader. You can select Yes or No when prompted to save your workspace upon exiting as you already saved it before. Start NinjaTrader and the Alerts window should come up with only the Message column. This works on my end when I test it.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, I've done exactly as you described and when I bring up NT7 the alert window always has the four columns listed, not the one and only message column.

I will try this again after the market closes today, just to be sure.

Comment

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this behavior when loading your workspace. I have tested on my end and your Alerts window should save the Message column only after you have saved your workspace and exited the platform.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Got it fixed. For some reason, saving the specific workspace does not work. Tried this a few times. Also tried killing the alert window, saving the config, exiting, then restarting NT7 and recreating the alert window.

Nada on all of this.

It only worked correctly when, upon exiting, I selected 'Yes to all' on saving ALL workspaces. I only had my workspace and 'untitled1' (a default workspace) defined, but 'Yes to all' did the trick. When I restarted NT7, the alert window came up with only the 'Message' column present, which is what I wanted.

Sounds like a bug in the code to me, but at least I got it working.

Comment

Hello AMATX,

Thank you for your reply and for your feedback. Please let us know if you experience this again or anything else unexpected and we will be happy to assist further.

Comment

Turns out I'm having erratic results. Sometimes the column settings are saved, sometimes not.

Could you point me to where these values are stored? I'd like to investigate this a bit more.

Comment

The Alerts window is saved in the workspace. I am not sure where the columns for the Alerts window are saved. Likely this is in the Config or UI file located at Documents-->NinjaTrader 7.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, will be the weekend before I can check. I saw the Alert window stuff at the top of the config file, but nothing there about columns, so will check the other places you listed and get back to you in a few days.

Comment

Column info appears to be buried in file '_Workspaces.xml' (in the workspaces folder), towards the bottom of the file. Each column definition includes hidden = true|false, which determines what shows in the alert window. I made sure things were set for what I want.
                    What -may- have been happening when I exited and clicked 'save all workspaces' was the column order for one of the two workspaces I had listed was saved. Problem is, each workspace had different columns listed, so sometimes one order would get saved and other times the other order would be saved.

I had an 'untitled' dummy workspace listed from when I installed Ninja, so I renamed that to get it out of the way and when I booted up Ninja the only one listed and started up was my production workspace, which is all I need. The correct column info had been stored beforehand and when the alert window popped up, it had only the one column listed that I wanted.

SOooo, I might be ok now. Will see if things work correctly over the next few days, but this kinda looks like the fix.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post RideMe
                    by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes