NT 6.5.1000.4 not responding (Hangs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5.1000.4 not responding (Hangs)

I have been having a recurring problem with NT getting stuck. I've already checked memory usage, removed excess programs, and scanned for viruses. There is more than one issue - sometimes the NT usage of the CPU drives to 100% and sticks there.

However, today I closed my normal workspace and tried opening just one chart w/o indicators - NT will not fill in data.
    Without the chart, CPU usage is 2-6%, a few spikes to 12. The chart window is created, and that's it. CPU usage does not increase, but then there are no updates.

It is very consistent and repeatable today. NT isn't stuck yet, but it refuses to do any chart work. This has happened other days as well - particularly if I start opening charts after market open.

This is now under the default workspace (which is saved empty). There is one workspace which is open but not active, containing one Market Analyzer so that 4 symbols can be recorded. This is always running in background (so included in the 2-6% CPU Usage).

I can verify that IQconnect is running and that there IS incoming data to be charted.

What are you hardware specs?

Comment

HW Specs

1.6 GHz CPU w/1M cache, 1.5GB RAM, 64MB video RAM.

and XP Pro.

Comment

Please go through performance hints here and try to optimize your setup: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html

Note: Workspaces not visible also eat up CPU cycles, you would need to these tips to them as well.

Comment

Thank you, and I have already been through those.
          As I said, this particular problem, the CPU is very low so that is not the problem. There are NO indicators or customization in use.

Yes, I am recording the data because I have already been told that is the ONLY WAY to REPLAY a market day. Unless you can provide me with the recorded tick data after market close, I require this recorded data. And the 2-6% CPU usage is hardly a drain.

None of the performance suggestions help.
          I've tried multiple symbols, ones that I know NT is receiving (they show on the control panel if I + it). I normally keep the Control Panel at - (smallest window).

Comment

>> but it refuses to do any chart work.
            What exactly do you mean by that? Please be specific.

Comment

I should have thought to post a picture the first time.
              From the Control Panel > File > New > Chart > get format data window (attached).
              A chart window opens, Default has no indicators not even volume.
              Also attached -- it never fills in, much less updates...
              Attached Files

Comment

- please restart NT and try again
                - anything in the logs?

Comment

The log is clean.

Again, unless you can provide me with the recorded tick data for the day, I cannot restart NT until after Market close, in order to record the data. At least that part works, though I have to keep NT up to get all of it.

I am stuck until the Market closes, which means I lose a day of trading.

Comment

How about closing and re-opening the chart?

Comment

Oh, I've tried that. After a while, why not. And that's how I tried different symbols. None work (I only have 4-5 on my default list).

Comment

Sorry, I'm out of ideas (apart from NT restart).

Comment

I appreciate it, Dierk. And I suspect that after the market closes, it will behave fine which is a tad worrisome.
                          I need reliability between 9:30 & 4 EST... in order to use NT for real-time day trading.

Comment

Lost Trader.

I see you're loading the chart with the "Default" chart template.
                            Are you sure you didn't save something as default at some point without realizing it? Also, what about loading something other than a minute chart and only loading 3 days of data just to test?
                            mrlogik
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

I keep default empty just for test like this. I've tried 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, 60 min, no diff. (The goal is intra-day)

I shortened intra-day to 3 days back, daily to 30 days back. no good.

My saved templates all have custom indicators on them. I tried a daily chart with few indicators (only two custom). Similar prob. The names of the indicators show, but no data & no updates.

An intra-day template with indicators looks the same.

Thanks for the suggestion.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mmckinnm  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM