Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up vs. Down volume Symbol for Ninjatrader Continuum Data

Hello,

I'm trying to find the Ninjatrader Continuum symbol for "Up vs. Down volume". I know that with Kinetic it is JVNT.Z

What is it for Ninjatrader Continuum?

Thanks,

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Doing some research on my side, I am seeing this is an Index instrument. Unfortunately, this would not be a listed Index that would be supported for NinjaTrader Continuum connections. Please see the below link for a complete list of supported Index instruments with this connection:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Drew.

Please tell me, I have a Ninjatrader Lifetime License and a Multi-Broker License. The FCM I'm using is Dorman Trading. Am I able to switch to using Kinetic data?

If so, would the symbol names or anything else change?

Comment

Hello,

You can absolutley supplement your data with a Kinetick subscription. When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...

Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.

Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

I am not seeing this instrument as being native to the platform, so it would need to be manually added. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the NinjaTrader 7 Instrument Manager.

1. From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager…
        2. Press the "New" button
        3. Enter instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange
        4. Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab, including the symbol mapping for Kinetick
        5. Press the "OK" button

Comment

Hi Drew,

Great. Thanks so much for the detailed instructions.

I appreciate your help.

Have a great day.

Comment

Hi Drew,

I went into my Ninjatrader "Account Connections..." and set Continuum to be my primary data feed and Kinetic to be my backup data feed.

Then I went into Tools > Instrument Manager and tried to add the following Index Symbols:

Up vs Down Volume: JVNT.Z

Kinetic Advance/Decline Line symbol: IRNT.Z

That didn't work so I tried adding ^ to the front of the symbol names. That didn't work either.

Do you know how I could get it to display those symbols?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20161116.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20161116.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM