Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone Using Kinetick with Dorman as Data Provider, NT Broker? Happy with Kinetick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Using Kinetick with Dorman as Data Provider, NT Broker? Happy with Kinetick?

Hi,

Due to slow Pending trades using Dorman Data and NT as Broker, I was wondering if anyone with that combo is using Kinetick. I'm considering getting Kinetick and using as data provider instead of Dorman LCC.

Would really like to know if folks using Kinetick find it really fast as they claim and are you happy with their service?

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to provide any trading-relating advice-- including which data provider would be preferable. However, I will leave this thread open for other users to add their thoughts and input.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to provide any trading-relating advice-- including which data provider would be preferable. However, I will leave this thread open for other users to add their thoughts and input.
      Thanks for your input, Drew, but I wasn't expecting NT to reply, but "anyone" (trader)with that kind of experience. ...

Kind of you to reply though.

Comment

Which markets? What kind of trades are you making?

Why are these "pending trades" slow? What does that mean exactly?

There may be no problem, just an misunderstanding of what is happening, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          Which markets? What kind of trades are you making?

Why are these "pending trades" slow? What does that mean exactly?

There may be no problem, just an misunderstanding of what is happening, perhaps?
          Which markets: Futures NQ or YM
          Kind of trades??? You mean like Market trades?
          Latest Trades have been Sim, but same problem with real trades which I did contact NT Support about the issue a long time ago, but no satisfaction.

Ok, so again I've gone through NT Support for the last few days and here's what I've concluded from the info gleamed from their emails: NT sends the trades to Dorman, my data provider, who then sends the trade to the exchange. If Dorman data isn't the greatest then my trades are slow getting to them, hence "Pending". As a result, I started looking and wondering about using Kinetic data.

When I put in a trade a voice comes up and says Pending, then the trade goes through. This happens getting in and getting out. On a trade today I lost two ticks in and two ticks out from when I did a Sell and then a Buy (YM). The market isn't going to stand still until the Pending message gets through and my trade goes. Since I'm an in and out trader this isn't even viable for me to waste my time trading.

I've had other brokers before, but they provided the data so I always had pefect fills. What I'm experiencing now is ridiculous, but trying to solve the problem by maybe using Kinetic. I wish there was a forum for traders and I wouldn't have to ask on a Support Forum.

I'd appreciate input/suggestions.

Comment

I might have accidently solved the "Pending" issue. I only have three charts on my Workspace, but one I have stretched out to see the earlier trends, hence showing many bars.

This morning I put another chart up so made the larger chart smaller. I did 8 trades, and counting 16 enters and exits, the "Pending" message only came up twice and at that was cut off. I got in at every entry and exit I wanted.

Go figure, huh? Weird! I hope this does solve the "Pending Message" issue. If not I'll be back at being an unhappy camper again.

I still would like to hear if other traders like Kinetick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post cls71
            by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
            3 responses