Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG & NT7 update

Hello Tech Support,

I just looked at the trace files and there is a part in them where they say there is a CQG update available and it is required. Relevant part:

at web service url https://www.cqgtrader.com/SCAutoUpda...tUpdateWS.asmx
    DEBUG [2016-11-10 14:24:39,913] - Certificate with subject [CN=www.cqgtrader.com, OU=Gateway, O=CQG Inc., L=Denver, S=Colorado, C=US] has passed verification at CertificatePolicy
    DEBUG [2016-11-10 14:24:39,913] - Certificate with subject [CN=www.cqgtrader.com, OU=Gateway, O=CQG Inc., L=Denver, S=Colorado, C=US] has passed verification at ServerCertificateValidationCallback
    INFO [2016-11-10 14:24:40,085] - Received results from web service:
    UpdateRequired:True
    UpdateAvailable:True
    UpdateURL:https://www.cqgtrader.com/SCUpdates/DGW/AMP/7.00.107
    UpdateVersion:7.0.107
    UpdateDetails:Version 7.00.107 provides increased performance and reliability
    AgreementRequired:False
    HelpURL:http://www.cqgtrader.com/SCHelp/CQG/6.01/default.htm
    Error:
    Version:4.1

Do I need to do something about it? I triend the URLs, but no luck. Or is it something NT needs to take care of?

Also, I just noticed there is a new NT7 version (7.whatever.32). NT7 used to give me notifications about updates, but not any more. Why is that? Is there some config option related? Will NT7 notify me when NT8 is released?

I am unsure what trace file you're referencing, however, NinjaTrader would not require an update externally for CQG-based connections.

Typically there is an announcement pushed out to all clients when we release a new version of the the platform, but it does not look like one was sent for this most recent update.

The Product Management Team is looking into sending out an announcement for 7.0.0.32. however, it is not a required upgrade.

NinjaTrader 8 is currently available and is fully functional but in beta. We expect a final release for NinjaTrader 8 this month (November 2016).

I would recommend monitoring the Critical Information forum:

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for your reply.

The trace file is in the ' .. My Documents \ NinjaTrader 7 \ trace ' folder. There are 8 files there, 2 for each of the past 4 days. One set is trace.<date>.txt, the other is CQG.<connection>.<date>.TXT This message comes from the CQG files, appears in all four of them.

The message says the new version is 7.0.107, and it provides increased performance and reliability, so it seems to be something I would definitely want. Especially because it is a required update (according to the file). Is NT7 going to be updated to this version?

I also checked NT8, and the release notes (at least what I could find) indicate that NT8 is on CQG version 6.02.100 Is the new final release goint to be updated to this shiny new version (7.0.107)? I hope so, since it is more reliable with better performance.

Comment

We use the same CQG API version for both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. We typically only update this when it is required as there can be unexpected risks involved in updating to a new version.

Our Development Team is in communication with CQG regarding API updates and when they would be required.

You do not need to monitor the CQG trace files. These files are for diagnostic purposes only.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by leojimenezp, 04-20-2024, 05:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by algospoke, 04-28-2024, 06:41 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB