Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing EOD Data Files on NT Chart

Hi...

I just wonder if we can access End Of Data data file on NT chart application. In the sense that I have end of day data files for Australian Stock Exchange in MetaStock format. Is there a way possible by which I can give reference of this file to access it on chart. This will allow me to analyze these data files on NT, however my main use of NT being ES, but when opportunity strikes I also trade on ASX. You kind support is anticipated.

Thanks & best regards,
    Yusuf SHAIKH

You could import historical data and run any analysis you'd like: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html

Comment

Thanks...

Hi Dierk...

Thanks for your reply. I checked the Import facility and it seems to be working for me. The only thing I have to deal with is converting .csv file which is same as Excel file into a text file with semi-colon as the separator. At the moment I am not really sure as how am I going to do this, but I will try and find out some way out of it. I actually tried with only one line of data representing one data bar and it worked fine. So I am sure this will work once I am able to find out the file conversion method. Thanks in all cases for your kind support.

Best regards,
      Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

We are not Excel experts but formatting can be done through Excel itself.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again...

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your kind reply. I did manage to get it converted to text format. Though for me it was not a direct process. I used the function "Concatenate" from Excel to create one cell merging all the cell containing the data values separately and then finally saving the file as text file. If anyone need details (if at all any such need arises), I will be more than pleased to provide step by step instruction on NT Forum. As of now, such conversion can be achieved and the data file can be accessed on NT. Thanks once again for your reply Josh.

Best regards,
          Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post sephichapdson  
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM