Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick and MB Trading

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to Kinetick and MB Trading at the same time, but when I do that, I don't get any data from MB Trading, i.e. when I put market or stop orders, NinjaTrader tells me there is no quote from MB Trading and cancels the trade.

I usually connect to Kinetick first and then connect to MB Trading. This results in no quote data for MB Trading.

If I connect to MBTrading first and connect to Kinetick second, I don't get any Kinetick data for the instruments not coming through from MB Trading.

I'm pretty sure I've done this before (when I was trading years ago).

Does anybody know what's going on?

Michael

I just saw a previous thread with the same question. The solution proposed by Jason does not work for me. I connect to MB Trading first and connect to Kinetick next. I am still not getting ^TICK data.

Could it be because I'm loading both the futures instrument and the TICK data on the same chart (different panels).
    Last edited by mikev777; 10-31-2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Hello mikev777,

This is a limitation of the MB Trading API.

To submit live orders to an MB Trading account requires that NinjaTrader to use MBT real-time data when submitting the order. If the order does not use MBT real-time data for submission and instead uses a secondary feed such as Kinetick, a rejection will occur:
      'Unable to submit order now: no quotes available affected Order: Buy 1 Market'

As MB Trading supports futures, equities, forex, and indexes, and must be connected first, it would not be possible to get real-time/historical index data from Kinetick while getting real-time data from MB Trading to place trades.
      NinjaTrader will receive data from the first connected connection that supports that data type. As MB Trading supports all data types, if this is connected first, all data will come from MB Trading.

The upcoming NinjaTrader 8 gives some abilities to this. With NT8, you can split the asset classes between different connections.
      This means you could get real-time data for futures and equities from MB Trading and index data from Kinetick.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,

Thanks for your quick response. I have another account at a different broker and will use that.

Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses