Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to Simulated Feed Erases Historical data and template on chart

I'm working on automated strategies.

When I load a template, my historical data shows up.

When I then connect to the simulated data feed, to work on my stops and targets, the data disappears, and all indicators are wiped from my chart.

Yesterday, it was working fine, load chart template, with indicators, work on strategy, connect to simulated data feedback, then the simulated feed, with trend control worked, just picking up where the historical data left off.

Today, doing same thing, doesn't work..

I checked, my instrument template is set to 24/5, but if I put it at 24/7 no change (it was working fine yesterday, Saturday might, anyway). I also made sure chart data was initially instrument default, then I manually changed it to 24/7 and 24/5, no difference.

Also, if I connect to the simulated feed, my template won't actually load. This is now happening across all my chart templates (not loading if connected to sim feed).

Hell _Cujo, and thank you for your question.

The simulated data feed provides internally generated market data and is not reflective of the actual market. This connection is ideal for training, and becoming familiar with the NinjaTrader application. Because simulated prices are not reflective of actual market conditions, and as a result your simulated prices may vary dramatically from the market, historical data is not automatically loaded.

If you would like historical data to appear on one of your charts while connected to the simulated data feed,

• Load your chart, with your desired bar type and period value
    • Connect to your live data feed provider
    • Select your chart and press ctrl + shift + r
    • Disconnect from your live data feed provider
    • Connect to the simulated data feed

If you would like a more reliable way to work with historical data, I would like to suggest using the Market Replay connection (renamed Playback Connection in NinjaTrader 8). That is documented here,

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the advice. I fixed it.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but I was also having trouble with loading the Bloodhound strategy I was working with.

I restored a backup, and NT is working fine now, simulated feed picking up from historical so I can keep working on the stops.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
      0 responses