Stop Strategy when in profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Strategy when in profit

I would like to know if a strategy can be designed to lock in profits when I have reached a certain number of ticks in profit. An example would be if I wanted my stop strategy to lock in 2 ticks of profit as soon as I hit 2 ticks of profit is that possible? The best I can see is only auto breakeven where if I hit 2 ticks in profit my stop would move to breakeven. That is okay as well but would like to know if there is a strategy to go beyond breakeven and how would these parameters be entered into the stop strategy.

Hello daytraderroy,

Yes, an Atm Strategy can include a stop strategy to perform any breakeven or trailing actions.

Below I am providing a link to videos on Atm Strategies that highlights using breakeven and auto trail.
    Gain the ability to understand and use the power of managing positions with NinjaTrader's Semi-Automated ATM Strategies.ATM Strategy Overview 5:07Creating an...

Understand advanced order management strategies and add advanced features to your ATM strategies.Auto Break Even 4:35Auto Trail 5:31Simulated Stop 14:03Shado...

By creating a new stop strategy with the BreakEven set to 2, this would move the stop loss to the entry point after 2 ticks of profit.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-30-2016, 11:05 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
    9 responses
    1 like
    Last Post caryc123  
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes