Charts not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not updating

Having problem with NT7 charts and market analyzer not always updating..
    I often have to restart the whole program.. does not help to reload script or historical data. Charts f.x. never starts updating on a new trading day if I don't restart program.

Look at this print screen f.x:

Market Analyzer and lower chart show 1 day old data for Stochastics.. the upper chart with the exact same instrument shows todays updated data though..
    Both are set to todays date in data series even though one chart header reads 22 and the other 20.

It even sometimes prints todays price bar on yesterdays date on the x-axes..
    Starting to grow tired of this program when I can't even trust what's being displayed..

What can cause this? I'm using paid Kinetick for data..

Hello m96gran,

May I confirm your computer is not being allowed to sleep or hibernate?
    May I confirm you have not received any disconnections? (this will show in the Log tab of the Control Center)

Please try the following:
    • Right-click the chart -> select Data Series... -> on the right, click the End date drop-down
    • Instead of choosing a date, at the bottom click where says 'Today:' and shows today's date
    • Click OK
    • Right-click the chart -> select Reload All Historical data
    • Save your workspace
    • Then restart and ensure the date is correct, and confirm if the date updates correctly tomorrow

Please let me know if this does not correct the behavior.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seem to have worked for today at least. So ok for now.

But there are still strange things going on.. Look at this pic. On the black chart it plotted the current price bar on tomorrows date.. Note that at the same time its all good and well on the gray chart:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1f...ew?usp=sharing

And on next pic. Price for PEP is correct on the chart... but in the market analyzer it instead plots the close price of yesterdays bar..:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1f...ew?usp=sharing
      NVDA and UUP both display correct price values though. So only PEP is wrong..

How can all this happen? It happens often..

Comment

Hello m96gran,

What column is in the Market Analyzer?
        The LastClose not having a value would indicate a tick has not been received on that instrument.

The Close[0] column, I'm not certain what column this is. That I know of, there isn't a column such as this.
        My theory is that this is an indicator that is meant to show the close price of the most recently closed bar. This indicator possibly is updating with Calculate on bar close set to True. On a daily chart, this would show the close of the previous day as the previous day would be the last bar that has fully closed.

On the charts, may I confirm you have taken the steps I have posted in #2 to reset the date on both charts and resave the workspace?

If so, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com for further assistance. In the email include a link to this forum thread.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post SantoshXX  
        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes