Trades created using Ninja Strategy don't show in superdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trades created using Ninja Strategy don't show in superdom

In a simulated account , A trade is entered by a strategy with a stop and a profit target. The tradeshows on the chart (but not on superdom). What shows on superdom however is the stop and the profit target. Since the trade doesnt show in superdom, but the associated resting orders (stop and target to close) do show, when those targets or stops are reached, without the existing order showing , the stop or target is "executed" as an opening transaction.

What will happen when (and if ) I go live?
    I do not want an order which was designed to be a closing transaction to be opened
    Thanks

If you set the "L" button in the top right of the chart and SuperDOM to the same color the SuperDOM and chart will be linked. You will then be able to use either and orders will display in both windows.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaScript Generated Trades dont show in SuperDom

Jessicas suggestion to link the chart and superdom worked right away. Thank you Jessica.
      However.......
      Today, when I open the charts, superdom and select the NinjaScript Strategy the same thing happens. that is: (in a simulated account) the trade show as having been executed (one hour earlier than when I turned my pc on) showing on the chart and the control center. On the SuperDom however the stop and price target show , but not the actual position.

Thanks in advance
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by suitguy1 View Post
        Jessicas suggestion to link the chart and superdom worked right away. Thank you Jessica.
        However.......
        Today, when I open the charts, superdom and select the NinjaScript Strategy the same thing happens. that is: (in a simulated account) the trade show as having been executed (one hour earlier than when I turned my pc on) showing on the chart and the control center. On the SuperDom however the stop and price target show , but not the actual position.

Thanks in advance
        Mike
        Hi Mike,

It's good to see you on the support forum.

What are you using to enter the market in your strategy?

Comment

Answer to Eamons Question

Thank you Eamon. I am in the forum based on your suggestion.

To your question, "What am I using to enter the market in your stragegy?"

Answer: When I log on, the charts of the ES and YM come up along with associated Superdoms. I then select the NinjaScript I have created for each of the two markets. There is an immediate fill from some period ago (like at 2:30 am or so). The positions show in the control center , but not on the superdom. What shows in the superdom are the stops and targets created by the NinjaScript. So, the net effect of this is , with a resting stop (to buy ) for example, but wiht no position showing, when it is hit, BOOM, there is a BUY (which was really designed to close a position but instead it is now a long. Thanks

Comment

Hi Mike,

You should have an entry type within the strategy under strategy actions --> Order managment.

I've posted a screen shot of the screen to display what I'd need to see.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes