thousands separated by a comma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thousands separated by a comma

how can I get rid of comma separating thousands in Trades Quantity under strategy analyzer? Due to that export to excel sees a comma as a new column, save to csv does not help either as that exports the comma too and any handling in excel opening it as txt through import dialog windows cannot help since there is not a fixed length of a column.

so the export functions are totally screwed and unusable just because the comma in the thousands...I think that is redundant and only to annoy people.

please help me to get rid of it

In Excel when you import the CSV you should be able to choose which fields are actually delimited. Try deselecting that comma as a delimiter.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The commas are there, since the number formatting defaults on your machine for with a comma. Just change the number formatting defaults on your machine to your liking.

Comment

then I will have all characters in one cell. try it yourself please. another try?

Comment

nono

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          The commas are there, since the number formatting defaults on your machine for with a comma. Just change the number formatting defaults on your machine to your liking.
          I tried that, but export is set by NT, not by rules of Windows, so whatever I set in the local settings does not help.
          another try?

Comment

Unfortunately there are no further options available at that time.

Comment

ok, so I will program some utility to handle the csv exported to enable it for Excel analysis.
              and please, change this in the very next version of NT.

Comment

You can also try separating all the values using semicolons instead of commas. Then edit formatting defaults so that commas is unchecked and semicolons are checked.

Comment

comma in thousands

Originally posted by texasnomad View Post
                  You can also try separating all the values using semicolons instead of commas. Then edit formatting defaults so that commas is unchecked and semicolons are checked.
                  I see this thread is from a while ago and I wonder if there is any better workaround at this point? I'm having the same problem -- exporting Orders to Excel -- if the share quantity is thousands there is a comma and an extra column is introduced that must be removed line by line for those trades. Seems like Ninja should have a rule not to allow commas on report pages as part of numbers??

Comment

When you guys do it in Excel, you could just combine the cells I believe.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                      When you guys do it in Excel, you could just combine the cells I believe.
                      Thanks for the reply Josh,

Are you talking about combining by hand the data in the cells that are separated by mistake? That's pretty tedious to do every day with a group of trades. Seems like there must be a better way no?

Comment

excel

I don't remember it well, it was a long time ago, but I think this>

1/ try to change your local area in windows to some european (say Czech), that does not use commas to split thousands and then try to export to excel

1.5/ if exporting to excel, also check how you separate columns in the csv, combine using notepad ++ and excel and substituting characters for delimiters to be able later open that document in excel, you should use different area (to define how to delimit characters, if tens are after a comma or dot,...)
                        it is pain in the ass, but it can be done....

2/check your version of NT, I think this bug has been removed with new hotfix after my post

Comment

Originally posted by nicknamed View Post
                          I don't remember it well, it was a long time ago, but I think this>

1/ try to change your local area in windows to some european (say Czech), that does not use commas to split thousands and then try to export to excel

1.5/ if exporting to excel, also check how you separate columns in the csv, combine using notepad ++ and excel and substituting characters for delimiters to be able later open that document in excel, you should use different area (to define how to delimit characters, if tens are after a comma or dot,...)
                          it is pain in the ass, but it can be done....

2/check your version of NT, I think this bug has been removed with new hotfix after my post
                          Thanks nicknamed for info -- #2 is my first choice if true ;-)
                          Josh I am on 6.5.1000.13 Any change with this issue since then?
                          To be clear I'm attaching a capture showing the problem. At bottom is the order as shown in Ninja then above at top is the "export to Excel" showing the problem and then the (by hand) corrected version
                          Attached Files

Comment

bug not removed

if you use the newest, then the bug has not been removed or was, but there is for strange reason another or the same again , let's wait for NT7...

Comment

nicknamed, this would be my suggestion - there have been improvements in this area in NT 7
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes