Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to add indicator to market analyzer

Hi All,
    I have indicator that plots dots on the chart for buy and sell. When I add it in the market analyzer it only print the price there for all the plots (buy and sell) can someone please guide me how I can print buy and sell text in market analyzer for that indie...

thank in advance

Bill

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Currently the Indicator column would not be capable of text specifically, instead a Cell condition would need to be made for the values needed to display text.

To display text in the way the market analyzer does with certain columns, an actual column would need to be created. Unfortunately this is not a documented subject so there are not really any examples of this. Going forward in NT8 this is a supported and documented concept.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse,
      so right now in the columns it dispays the bid price but on chart it display the dot. How I can create the cell condition so it changes the color of cell ??? is it possible to have session so I can explain ?? I have life time ninja license ?

Thanks in advance
      Bill

Comment

Hello billsingh,

Thanks for your reply.

The indicator you are using would need to be able to provide an input that the market analyzer can use. As you have observed it is only providing the current price. For what you want you would need to modify the indicator to provide a transparent plot that is set to a specific value, for example: +1 for the buy, -1 for the sell and 0 (zero) for no signal. With that as an input to the market analyzer you can easily set cell conditions to change based on the values of +1, -1, or 0.

If the indicator is a 3rd party custom then you might ask the vendor if they have a version that can be used with the market analyzer.

If you would like to discuss this further, please send an e-mail to PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]com with Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Paul

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder