Remove Holiday Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Holiday Data

Is there a way to remove holiday data for ES? I am currently deleting it manually, but it pops in again when I do a refresh.

Hello,

You could create a custom session template that excludes the holiday. To do this, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager and create a custom session template. More information can be found at the link below.

Subsequently, load the session template in your charts for this week. You can use the default session template again next week.

In NinjaTrader 8 this item is changed, as excluding holidays would be one of the major enhancements of NinjaTrader 8 which can be found publicly available at the following link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wouldn't this remove data for every monday that is on the chart?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

That would be correct, this would remove other past Mondays as well if over a week of Historical Data is loaded into the chart.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also, in NT8 how do I show / hide all the holidays. I see they are populated for the CME US Index Futures RTH. I want those days removed from my charts.

I added Labor day from 9/05/2016 but I still see it on my chart. I don't want this day loaded.

Comment

Hello,
            Can you provide a screenshot of how you have the holiday hours for labor day set up?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your reply.
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

any update?

Comment

Hello,
                  I have been attempting to reproduce the behavior you are experiencing. I am seeing that the holiday hours are working as expected on my end. Do you see on labor day that certain hours are taken out or is it showing the full day?
                  Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's showing the whole day. Is there some other setting I need to enable?

Comment

In the image it looks like the 1/2 day.

I'm not sure why it is defined as 1/2 day if halibalex wants it removed.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

The default Trading hours template used by the ES is the CME US Index Futures ETH template, rather than the CME US Index Futures RTH template that's being modified in your screenshot.

Ensure that you are selecting the RTH template on your chart rather than <Use instrument settings> in your chart's Data Series menu.

Additionally, ensure that you've selected Full Day for the type for the holiday.
                        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I am using the CME US Index Futures RTH. If you look at the chart in the picture it shows the gaps and 6:30 - 1:15pm PST RTH trading hours.

The info from Sledge appear to have fixed the problem. I need to set everything to 'Full Day' instead of early close.

Comment

Also, it looks like there are a few days missing from the automatically downloaded holiday schedule. I don't see 1/18/16 Martin Luther King or Presidents day on 2/16/16.

The CBOE US Index Futures ETH seems to have everything, is there a way to copy just the holidays from that template to the RTH template?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

You can right-click within the holidays area and select "Load Holidays From Trading Hours".
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG; 09-12-2016, 10:26 AM.
                              Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses