Two questions regarding ATM Strategies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions regarding ATM Strategies.

1. Why is it that the Stratagies do not show on the chart in which it is loaded in, however opening another chart without the strategy shows the trades from the first chart that has it loaded?

2. If backtesting or optimization is not an option with ATM Strat. Could you not create a user defined var that acted like a switch and then with conditional statements use EnterLong() etc. to backtest and optimize it?

1) Make sure you select the strategy in the strategy selection drop down list.

2) Not sure I follow but you are correct, ATM strategies can not be backtested.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok let me clairify. Chart 1 has the strategy loaded. However chart 1 shows no entry or exit indicators (arrows and price data) on the chart. Chart 2 is the same as chart 1 in every way, except it has no strategy loaded and yet it shows the entry and exit points from the strategy loaded on chart 1.

As far as backtesting I was asking if you could have a parameter, lets call it ATMStrat. You would set it to either 1 or 0. Then at the point were your strategy executes the trade you could based on ATMStrat use ATM or Non-ATM execution and thereby use backtesting. I understand you would need addition code to duplicate the functionality derived from using the ATM Strategy but it would be worth it since ATM's can't be backtested or optimized.

Comment

If you are referring to a NinjaScript strategy not showing an ATM strategy on a chart where the NinjaScript strategy is running, then this is correct behaviour. An ATM strategy spawned from a NinjaScript strategy is not native to the NinjaScript strategy and thus will not display anything.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manual intervention in the Ninja

Talking about Ninja Script and ATM strategies I was wondering how one enters the ATM strategies in the NinjaScript.

Must it be manually or can it be done by the NinjaSript Strategy Wizard.

How can one stop the NinjaScript 'program' manually?

I want to get out of a automated position but I cannot even if I press the start/stop button.

Robert

Comment

You cannot do it with the Strategy Wizard. It requires a little bit more advanced programming. You can find an example pre-installed in your NinjaTrader as SampleAtmStrategy.

You stop a NinjaScript strategy simply by pressing the Stop button or removing the strategy from the chart. If you want to close out of a position then close the strategy and submit a manual close trade.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

visual Strategy orders

Is there a way to be able to see the orders that the a strategy has in the market on the charts like you do when trading manualy?

I know you can see the orders on the superdom.

Comment

You could use the Chart Trader to initiate the ATM strategy and trade directly on the chart. To enable the Chart Trader, it is the $ icon on the top toolbar.

Comment

Thats how i start a strategy i click the $ on the top bar of the chart and add a strategy but the only thing i see are the arrow plots when an order is filled.

I was referring to the long signs that you see on the chart when trading manually the ones you can drag around to adjust your trades on the chart, can those be displayed to represent the orders that my strategy is placing in the markets

Comment

Sorry. Not the $, but the actual stack of dollar bills symbol.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes