Problems with Backfill for PFG Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Question

One last question. When you and I presume PFG attempted to replicate this problem, did you actually shut down the computer overnight and then reboot in the morning or did you run the test on a computer that's on all the time? If the computer is on 24/7 then my own test shows there will be no gap.

Are any other PFG users out there experiencing this problem? It seems silly I will have to pay $70 per month for another data feed or leave the computer running 24/7 just to get overnight data.

Comment

I started my PC, loaded a chart connected to the IP I provided. No gap. PFG checked their servers to ensure the data is there which it is and which I can confirm since the data shows on my chart.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I ran another test

After reading your last post I setup another connection called PFG_Backfill which used precisely the same IP address you indicated in an earlier post. Here is the screenshot. Unfortunately I get an invalid login error upon trying to connect. Obviously you are not actually duplicating the setup I am using. As you suggested earlier, it may be that different PFG servers are behaving differently when a backfill request is made. It's a shame PFG is dismissing this so lightly as a "no gaps at our end" problem solved issue.

I guess I'll start a new thread and see if others are encountering a similar problem with PFG. They might take a closer look if multiple customers report a similar issue.
        Attached Files

Comment

I attached the wrong screenshot

Sorry I attached the wrong screenshot. Here is the actual test I ran for PFG_Backfill. Again this test failed because of login error at PFG.
          Attached Files

Comment

We did not test these other IP's since these are not provided to us by PFG as official IP's to use. The IP's we provided are what was provided to us and do not have a gap in the data.

I did go ahead and 'attempt' to connect to the servers you provided and I get an "Invalid login" error so I can not continue further.

I will follow up with PFG to determine when/why/what the differences in IP's are all about.

Comment

I just received clarification from PFG on the the various trade servers.

My account will not be able to connect to your IP since its not configured for this trade server. Your account will not be able to connect to the trade server IP that we use since your account is not configured for this. This configuration is done by PFG.

That being said, I am informed that the source for historical minute data is the same.

Please try this -

Connect your servers, open the chart in question. Right click in the chart and select "Reload Historical Data".

Is the gap still present?

Comment

I just tried this on my two primary range bar charts plus a newly created 1 min chart and after a data reload, the 20 min gap is still there. I've tried this trick numerous times over the past few days over several existing and newly created charts with the same results.

Comment

Thanks again.

Since I can not login to the same server as you, could you email me your login credentials? I would want to properly document this and send to PFG. Once that is done, as Dierk had mentioned earlier, there is nothing further we can do on our end.

Please send in to support at ninjatrader dot com attention to "Ray"

Comment

Issue Resolved

I came up with an idea last night to try out that actually fixed this problem and it's quite simple. Previously when making changes to the account setup IP address configuration I used the Tools>Account Setup>{selected PFG}>Change Button to correct or input new IP Addresses. The summary screen and data input screen were carefully checked to ensure the intended data was input properly.

Last night I simply input exactly the same data I was already displaying in a new account connection I labeled "PFG Corrected". This did the trick.

I noticed in another thread that Google Desktop may be corrupting some NT data files. Just to be on the safe side I uninstalled that program as well.

My thanks goes to Ray and others at NT support for their patient efforts in assistance in resolving this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexAuCost