Question about Draw.Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Draw.Text

I have a question regarding text objects. When I create a text object and type some text in it,
    how can I create a new line since it seems that the text is all written on one line? I've had to manually use the properties box to create new lines so that my text is displayed in a better way. For NT7, I could press enter to achieve this but this does not seem to work for NT8. Is there a different shortcut to do this for NT8 or is this the new default? Please advise. Thanks.

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
    I have a question regarding text objects. When I create a text object and type some text in it,
    how can I create a new line since it seems that the text is all written on one line? I've had to manually use the properties box to create new lines so that my text is displayed in a better way. For NT7, I could press enter to achieve this but this does not seem to work for NT8. Is there a different shortcut to do this for NT8 or is this the new default? Please advise. Thanks.
    Use Shift + Enter.

Comment

Doesn't work.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently text is displayed in a single line however I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
          Doesn't work.
          Then I must be a liar, or paranoid delusional? Which is it?

Edit: Hm. I see now that that is what you are actually complaining about: we have to use the properties to make the modification.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by koganam; 07-29-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

koganam is correct in order to break lines you can double left click on your text then within the Properties window insert breaks between lines then click Ok.

Comment

Comments to text drawing tool not wrapping

In the NT7 text entry tool, you could hit a return and get a new line. Sort of annoying if you have a lot of text on your charts, like I usually do, but this was pretty workable. Perhaps I don't like change that appears to take me backwards, but having to enter the text in one line, as NT8 Beta currently requires, and then having to edit the format of that text in another operation, is even more awkward than it is in NT7. I would think that such an advanced charting package as NT8, that it would have solved the text entering issues associated with NT7. That is, NT8 should have an auto text wrapping feature like all current text editors seem to have these days. I like to annotate many of my daily trades, and NT8 Beta has made text entry more of a chore compared to NT7. Nice if this lack of text wrapping feature could be fixed soon. Not asking for a word processor, just a wrap-able text box. The current NT8 Beta implementation for sizing the text box is a bit cumbersome.

Comment

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

Comment

Hi Christopher_J. Was this issue swept under the rug? I have noticed that even with the new released 8.0.4.0 version, the problem still persists.
                  Last edited by mbesha; 02-06-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I have forwarded this to our development team and will follow up once an ID has been assigned for this request.

Comment

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-228.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                      4 responses