Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Bar Times Not Showing In Eastern Time (US & Can)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Bar Times Not Showing In Eastern Time (US & Can)

My charts are showing time bars with end times in Pacific Time. I prefer these to be shown in Eastern Time. I have session template configured for US Equities RTH and Eastern Time.

Is there another place to set this that I don't know about?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Charts within NinjaTrader are based off of your local PC clock therefore in order to change your chart time to EST you will be required to change your Local PC clock to EST as well. To change your PC clock please close NinjaTrader-->right mouse click on the PC clock in the lower right hand corner-->Adjust Date/Time-->Change Time Zone-->Select the new time zone-->Click Ok.

Next with NinjaTrader closed sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab-->Change Settings-->Select time.nist.gov from the drop down menu and then click Update.

The PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but I won't be doing that. I trade with the exchanges on Eastern Times, but use my PC for local work too.

Instead, can I revise my session template to move that clock back three hours and trick the charts and bar time stamping?

If not, I will need to revise my NT7 ninjascript to account for this unusual NT7 session bar time stamping and try to remember to add three hours to the time on the chart.

Comment

Unfortunately even changing the Time Zone within the Session Template would not change the time stamp within the chart since this automatically uses the local PC clock.

Comment

That's strange that the timezone setting has no function.

I also noticed that whenever I bring up the Session Manager, it always shows the same settings which doesn't reflect my last "Save". When I change it back and click "Save", there is no confirmation that the settings were saved. Is this normal?

Comment

The time zone will be used to tell what time period you would want data plotted for the times used. For example if you are using 8:00 AM based on EST but your PC clock is set to PST NinjaTrader will adjust the time to begin at 5:00 AM PST local time.

Correct when making changes after clicking Save there will not be a confirmation displayed.

Comment

The Session Manager badly needs improvement.
              Last edited by borland; 07-21-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Within NinjaTrader 8 there is an option to set a specific time zone you would like to be used for NinjaTrader charts within the Options settings however is not available within NinjaTrader 7.

I have provided a link below where you can download NinjaTrader 8 (Beta):

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes