NT7 vs NT8 chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 vs NT8 chart

I have re-downloaded data from the same data provider for both NT7 and NT8 and I notice that there are small differences on my 512t chart. Why would this be occurring? Which chart is correct?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

So I may test this on my end can you tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CQG.

I deleted my cache data and historical database data to make sure a full refresh occurred.

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce this behavior. If you still see issue on can you tell me what time you see this discrepancy, date and what time zone your PC is set to so I can look at the same data.

Comment

The picture I sent is from 6/14/16 in the ES in message #1. 6/20 data looks fine to me.

Comment

I have tested this on my end and unfortunately I was unable to reproduce this as seen in the attached screen shot.

Can you please close both instances of NinjaTrader then delete all data for both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 then load your charts once again.

If the issue persists to be sure we are using the same servers within NinjaTrader 8 please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Next within NinjaTrader 7 go to the NinjaTrader Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support-->Subject: Attn Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check next to "Log and trace files".
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris,

I noticed this problem again today. I had my charts open for the 7/20 trading session today. I opened up my NT7 chart right now and it only had data up to the 1:15PST RTH close at 7/19 in ES. After connecting to CQG, the current data for 7/20 was downloaded.

Then I opened up NT8, I did not have it open during the 7/20 trading session today. After downloading the data, I noticed small variations in the 512t chart again.

I deleted both the cache and tick data in both NT7 and NT8 and reconnected to CQG. Now both charts are the same.

Does NT7 create cache files from live data? Upon download of new data, are these cached files updated or simply read back?

Comment

NinjaTrader will store historical data when requested and will only store real time data if the following option is enabled:

NinjaTrader 7: Tools->Options->Data tab->Save chart data as historical
                NinjaTrader 8: Tools->Options->Market data->Record live data as historical

Within these tabs can you also confirm you have "Get data from server" enabled.

Also I would suggest closing NinjaTrader then syncing your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab-->Change Settings-->Select time.nist.gov from the drop down menu and then click Update.

The PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Save Chart data as historical is not selected.

Get data from server is selected.

My clock automatically syncs every morning via a scheduled task. I just checked right now and it matches nist time.

I will check again after the market closes whether the cache files are recorded for the current day, i'm not sure where else that data could be coming from...

Comment

I just shut down ninja, and I see that data is written to the cache folder at 3:01PM PST for the Tick-512-1-Last-Minute-1-Close-Tick.20160720.20160720.Last but nothing is there for 7/21 today.

And now loading the charts up and downloading data without deleting anything both NT7 and NT8 look the same. I'm not sure why the problem is inconsistent. I don't see any cache data written to the NT7 folders even now that I have closed NT7. I'm sure a problem exists based on the 1st picture I sent in the thread, but I'm not sure how to reproduce the error.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Pattontje  
                    Started by abdo22, Yesterday, 03:15 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton